|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameNorth West & Central Region.RNTW..HM
About Network Rail
This is an exciting time to join Network Rail. We're passionate about great service and commit to our service equation vision by "putting passengers first". Performance, safety and getting the fundamental basics right, is something we strive for as well as asking ourselves - what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? Take a look here!
With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key.
You will be part of the NW&C Region which consist of three routes:
We are looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join our journey and move us forward by having a rewarding career, the right lifestyle balance and great benefits in a caring environment.We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider flexible working applications. If we can make it work - we will!
We're proud to be recognised by Glassdoor as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in 2021. Find out more from our people here.
Provide a comprehensive geotechnical engineering support to manage the performance and condition of geotechnical assets across the NW&C region. The role will involve reviewing and undertaking asset inspections, supporting the development and construction of planned remedial schemes as well as defining and implementing risk mitigation in accordance with asset policy.
Please note there are 5 x vacancies available: 2 x Based in Manchester, 1 x Based in either Rugby, Euston or MK and 2 x Based in either Manchester or Birmingham.
Want to find out more, come and read Matt's "a day in the life of" a Geotechnical Engineer! Day in the life of article.
About the role (External)
- Manage the requirements for examination and undertake evaluation, assessment and risk management of Geotechnical assets. Manage compliance of examination and evaluation of Geotechnical assets against requirements of standards.
- Provide engineering input to the standards and specifications for Geotechnical examinations and assessments.
- Maintain geotechnical asset data and information within the company systems and processes.
- Support the development of route specific plans including all maintenance and renewal activities and asset strategies, providing the prioritised investment work bank in accordance with the technical asset management strategy and budget.
- Produce maintenance, refurbishment and renewal (PRS) remits. Define the development and implementation of schemes, verifying requirements are correctly interpreted and delivered. Monitor the implementation of control measures where proposed works are deferred and managed in accordance with asset policy.
- Determine mitigation actions necessary to reduce the impact of adverse weather on the performance of geotechnical assets.
- Direct the implementation of monitoring systems and undertake the review of monitoring results and other control measures.
- Liaise with community relations to support the resolution of Geotechnical issues impacting on neighbours and third parties.
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in Civil Engineering, Geology or an equivalent relevant subject
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional institution
- Experience of asset examination and assessment
- An understanding of safety management systems and risk assessment techniques
- Holds valid UK driving licence, or eligible and willing to obtain
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology or an equivalent relevant subject
- Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer
- Understanding and experience of railway infrastructure maintenance
Please note, there may be the requirement to work on-call and undertake different shift patterns (night shifts / weekends).
How to apply (External)
Network Rail are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or any other irrelevant factor. Please click here for more information.
By becoming a Disability Confident leader in 2017, we have committed to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential criteria for a role.Click here for more information.
Want to find out about what fantastic benefits we offer? Find out here
We will endeavour to offer a gender diverse interview panel wherever possible.
Safe behaviour is a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should be able to demonstrate their awareness of our safety vision
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the pay range advertised.
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks and medical screening. Click here for more information.
This vacancy is Band 4C: Starting at £40,107 and increasing to £45,120 per annum.
Closing date: 5th March 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.