|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Ready to make an impact to millions of users? Passionate about creating the technology to make this happen?
- Great at helping individuals stretch their skills and achieve more than expected?
- A believer in transparent management and sharing information?
- Someone who gets a feeling of reward as others grow?
- Technically strong and business aware?
- A collaborative person? Someone who builds up strong relationships to get things done with others?
Metaswitch, a newly acquired division of Microsoft, lead the way in cloud native communication software. With award winning solutions providing highly scalable and fault tolerant systems that run right in the core of over 1,000 service providers and mobile operators networks.
Microsoft are continuing to grow the Metaswitch business with growth in multiple locations across the UK, including Enfield (North London), Cambridge, Midlands and Edinburgh.
With the trend to digital transformation accelerating during these difficult times, we need engineering leaders that can lead the execution of our ambitious plans for our customers while driving the engineering collaboration, architecture and processes that will drive future innovation. If you are that person, contact us!
- Lead and coach a growing team of software engineers; create clarity, communicate teams vision, strategy and progress to peers, partners and senior leaders; provide expert guidance, hands-on assistance, best practices and trainings, establishes team culture with emphasis on quality, customer love, and engineering agility, removing barriers and enabling the team to be productive
- Effectively lead architectural reviews, planning and execution processes, creating robust engineering plans and prioritizing work across teams. Make timely decisions to meet quality, security, reliability and shipping goals
- Consistently identify, reward and manage growth of highly performing engineering talent and help all team members achieve the most in their careers
- Build a team with diverse viewpoints and capabilities needed to achieve current and future business objectives, promote inclusive culture
- Find opportunities for collaboration across teams even geographically distributed including program management, work on cross-team commitments, and achieve scale by enabling the work of others
- Set a culture of craftmanship within the team and help teams make long term architecture decisions
- Translate business requirements into a strategy for systems solutions, derive data driven insights, building experiences that empower users to do more. Define well thought out design patterns and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability, and performance that others can follow to ensure proper application architecture
- Responsible for understanding, recommending, and adapting to new technologies, tools, methods and processes
- Lead the continuous improvement of engineering and quality practices. Work across business groups to ensure the long-term integrity of a product area. Demonstrate personal commitment to technical advancement. Guide the organization to deliver high-quality and innovative solutions
- Leadership experience managing a high-performing technical team, including hiring, developing and retaining talent, building an open diverse and inclusive working environment where everyone feels belonging and welcomed
- Software development experience in C++, C, Rust or Java
- Experience defining requirements, architecting and designing software and code review practices
- Ability to work cross-functionally, to influence for impact, to handle ambiguity, to solve problems, to manage stakeholders and expectations, to wear many hats at a time and to learn quickly from failure
- Being data driven, customer focused, collaborative, structured, self-motivated with a strong drive for results reaching across teams and organizations internationally and with cultural sensitivity
- Ability to leverage both quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive great decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non‐technical
- Native or professional fluency in English
- Bachelor and/or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
We offer Engineering Manager roles on all seniority levels, from junior management to group management positions and in various teams. Our aim is to first get to know you better and only then finding the right matching role together with you.
Microsoft gives an enthusiastic, high paced work environment where you can impact millions of users around the world. We are open minded, diverse and work flexible hours. You can look forward to attractive pension plans, personal-, travel- and health insurances, vacation as well as state of the art hardware and software in daily use. We are also focusing on your personal and professional development within Microsoft in Europe and beyond.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.