|Job Type:||Full Time|
Software Engineer for Metaswitch
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Metaswitch, a newly acquired division of Microsoft, lead the way in cloud native communication software. With award winning solutions providing highly scalable and fault tolerant systems that run right in the core of over 1,000 service providers and mobile operators networks.
Microsoft are continuing to grow the Metaswitch business with growth in multiple locations across the UK, including Enfield (North London), Cambridge, Midlands and Edinburgh.
- You will work as a Microsoft Software Engineer in one of the above-mentioned locations with some of the largest and most scalable services in the world with non-negotiable focus on performance, availability, reliability and consistency.
- You will work in a collaborative environment, with local and remote partners, to turn requirements into simple, elegant, and optimal solutions at large scale.
- You will be responsible for design, implementation, testing, rollout and running software services.
- You will be developing clean and effective code by allowing refactoring when needed and ensuring your code base incl. tests are ready for change.
- You will be part of team discussions on architectural design and solutions continuously looking for improvements.
- You will ship your code to thousands of machines serving millions of users around the world.
- Bachelor and/or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent.
- Solid design, coding (C++, C, Rust or Java), testing, and debugging abilities.
- Experience in fault tolerant, high scale, distributed systems
- Strong technical problem-solving skills.
- Strong focus on upfront quality.
- Passion about high performant services, high availability, reliability and consistency.
- Confident, solution- and result oriented, independent working style with great critical thinking.
We are looking for flexible candidates with a “can-do” attitude; who are passionately interested in or already experienced in building highly available distributed-systems and keen to join Microsoft on our journey.
Microsoft offers an enthusiastic, high paced work environment where you can impact millions of users around the world. We are open minded, diverse and work flexible hours. You can look forward to attractive pension plans, personal-, travel- and health insurances, vacation as well as state of the art hardware and software in daily use. We are also focusing on your personal and professional development within Microsoft in Europe and beyond.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.