|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wealth Management – EMEA Securities Based Lending – Analyst/Associate (French Speaker) - Edinburgh, 1345550
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank advises the world’s wealthiest families and helps them achieve their desired goals. Our teams of Advisors deliver advice, solutions and services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to help clients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time. J.P. Morgan Bank Luxembourg (JPMBL) is the primary entity which is used to provide private banking services to ultra-high net worth (UHNW) and high net worth (HNW) individuals in the EMEA region.
Our team of specialists works seamlessly to help our clients achieve their financial goals and aspirations. We’re proud to be named ‘2019 Best Private Bank for Ultra-High-Net-Worth Clients’ by Euromoney: Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Qatar, Spain, United Arab Emirates and UK.
Securities Based Lending Team (SBL) is Global Wealth Management’s solution for underwriting loans that are fully secured by liquid securities. The underwriters’ responsibilities are analysing, negotiating, pricing and documenting lines of credit for clients in each of the region’s markets. We also review other transactions that have an element of credit risk including derivatives. The SBL Team manage ~70% of the credit facilities across the International platform and aim to turn around new business requests within 48 hours. Senior SBL Lender will be responsible for continuous junior team member oversight, EMEA SBL France portfolio management and key internal stakeholder engagement.
- Interact with internal stakeholders (not limited to Bankers, Investors, Lending Advisors, Credit Executives) and, on occasion, private clients to deliver the best fully secured credit product solution with a sound credit structure.
- Maintain a consistently high level of awareness around any potential credit issues. Proactively resolve exceptions, including under margin situations, past due principal/interest and documentation exceptions.
- Take into account the risk/reward proposition when negotiating loans, ensuring a discipline around loan pricing and structure; understand nuances and local regulations within the French market.
- Review and approve credit proposals for adherence to policy, accurate borrower analysis and a complete market & credit risk assessment.
- Ensure follow up on all relevant open items and transactional issues, e.g. documentation, covenants, etc.
- Ensure the team underwrite new credit requests in a timely fashion and liaise with the off-shore team as needed for proactive completion of internal Annual Reviews.
- Coordinate with senior SBL leads and global partners to drive optimal efficiency and consistent practise.
- A Business, Finance, Science or Mathematics degree or qualification & relevant business experience in a similar role.
- French language proficiency required (verbal and written). Additional language skills would be an asset.
- Private Banking, credit risk or lending experience.
- Knowledge and experience of underwriting, lending value analysis, derivatives, return on equity assessment, KYC, cross border validation.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and securities industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; high emotional intelligence.
- Good organizational skills and ability to drive change.
- Ability to work well in an integrated team environment; strong people manager.
- Track record in working with teams from various markets /countries
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.