|Job Type:||Full Time|
Driving change requires special skills – perseverance, grit, subject matter expertise and an ability to develop relationships at all levels of an organization. In Markets Technology, we’re looking for an outstanding team member to work with our Teams to change the way we work. Using data and widely adopted software packages, such as Jira, you’ll work to develop and implement quarterly outcomes that adds incrementally to our North Star based around increased transparency and toil reduction.
At present, Market’s develops great results at pace to meet our Trading, Sales and functional partners needs but naturally we want to move faster. Increasing our agile maturity through the development of teams through a relentless focus on data will allow us to achieve greater effectiveness and to deliver more value.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, results-orientated technologist with a drive to provide a first class engineering experience. You will be a technically aware analyst with related experience in delivery of software engineering and/or architecture projects. You will have a proven track record in successful delivery. Critical to your success will be the ability to effectively partner and establish relationships across line of business, function and level in order to support the product direction in support of the Markets Ways of Working strategy.
As a key professional in JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global technology group, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the industry's leading talent in developing programmes with broad and lasting impact.
- Partner closely with technologists, product leads and our business partners in order to develop, measure and translate Ways of Working goals into workable time saving solutions that minimize toil.
- Partner closely with stakeholders on the Ways of Working Tools & Automation product vision and roadmap.
- Partner with the Team to execute on product roadmap commitments through the full SDLC by documenting requirements with user stories, process flows and technical analysis.
- Contribute to the product backlog the necessary features required to support the implementation of project streams and deliver MVP (Minimum Viable Product) scope.
- Conduct technical analysis on product stream initiatives and define acceptance criteria using Specification by Example and writing test specifications.
- Partner with the engineering feature teams and participate in technical design conversations to achieve the Definition of Ready criteria for implementation.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies and team processes to ensure clarity on release and sprint commitments are adhered to.
- Engage with Teams leveraging Jira to develop new and more efficient ways of solving problems at scale to help Teams continually improve. You’ll also broadcast these new methods across the organization to encourage adoption which you’ll measure.
- Develop a range of engagement channels around our usage of Jira that support our Ways of Working strategy, ensuring capture of engineering feedback and product metrics that drive strategic product direction and improve customer satisfaction.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the Ways of Working team to improve delivery processes.
Will have the ability to:
- Engage and converse with technologists, product leads and our business partners using a variety of communication strategies.
- Interpret and transform interviews and any supporting content into detailed requirements that will feed the Product Vision & Backlog.
- Deliver product roadmap priorities through the definition of well-defined backlog requirements.
- Contribute to the co-ordination, planning and execution of parallel product releases, ensuring stakeholder engagement throughout.
- Curate and maintain technical content for publication to the developer community.
- Expert in the application and configuration of Jira.
- Experience in working within agile development teams.
- Strong communication skills with experience supporting engineering teams improve their internal development processes
- Experience creating and managing backlog features to contribute to a larger delivery and ensuring these meet necessary definitions of ready and done.
- Strong experience of story writing and acceptance criteria documentation (e.g. Specification by example).
- Competent knowledge of modern engineering practices and be able to converse with the developer community on their experiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of testing, including automated testing. Specification by Example highly desirable.
- Functional familiarity with developer tools (e.g., Jira, Source Code Management, Integrated Development Environments, Testing Tools etc.).
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
- Direct experience working in an Agile team (directly aligned to a product), and mastery of Agile practices and routines
- Able to define and effectively communicate user stories at the capability and feature level
- Ability to assess system dependencies
- Experience and comfort working within non-linear design and development processes
- Experience with re-engineering processes and/or integrating new tools/technologies into existing processes to drive innovation
- Track record of contributing to the strategic direction of the area product and customer journeys
- Must possess a broad array of skills across several disciples as well as deep specialized knowledge (T-shaped)
- Track record of successfully interacting with stakeholders to drive complex initiatives with broad requirements across multiple functional groups and levels within an organization and creating business cases
- Strong understanding of sequencing to maximize development hours
- Demonstrated ability to remain productive, positive, and solution seeking while facing organizational change
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information to inform decisions in order to drive work forward
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Ability to question, elicit, and drill down into both qualitative and quantitative data and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions, take accountability for those decisions while candidly challenging the status quo to drive the right customer journey outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to present facts, thoughts, and ideas in a clear, concise, and convincing manner to senior stakeholders
- Exhibit an organized and systematic approach to problem solving, understanding of both design thinking and systems thinking.