|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ocado's 'CFC6' will be our first ‘mini’ Customer Fulfilment Centre and we are ready to expand our operational team to start recruiting our Warehouse Supervisors (known internally to Ocado as Area Coordinators), where we are looking for someone to join our Inventory team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a pre-go live environment as we prepare the site for launch, enabling you to influence ways of working and contribute to achieving a positive employee experience by providing visible leadership.
As a Coordinator within our Inventory team at Ocado, you will be responsible for all on shift operational and front line auxiliary activities that support the successful delivery of KPI’s within the Logistics Operation. Additionally, you will support the Inventory Area Managers to provide a safe and respectful work environment delivering outstanding service to internal and external customers.
What will you be doing?
Living and breathing our 5 Pillars - Safety, People, Customer Quality, Delivery, Cost - you will provide motivation and drive excellence in all that we do.
Safety - Proactively maintain exceptional health and safety standards, promoting a positive on-site safety culture ensuring SSOWs/Risk Assessment materials are being adhered to and hazards are removed. Enthusiastically participate in safety initiatives.
People - As well as maximising the new starter experience you will foster our Diversity and Inclusion journey by empowering people and by respecting and appreciating what makes them different as well as supporting the personal development of the team. Great communication is vital so key messages will need to be delivered consistently, clearly, and effectively. As well as ensuring employees are deployed and managed fairly while on shift, you will contribute to the delivery of the main people KPIs for your Business Unit including labour turnover and absence %.
Customer and Cost - You will ensure your people are fully compliant with all applicable operational processes and quality standards to drive high service levels and improve the customer experience. At the same time, you will consistently pursue excellent housekeeping and hygiene standards whilst encouraging a culture of pride. Full coordination of your business unit tasks to deliver agreed productivity, food safety, and all other applicable quality and performance targets is also essential.
Delivery - Identify and resolve physical and technical issues affecting the operation, escalating as appropriate as well as pro-active reporting of production issues, ensuring all relevant and operational critical issues/incidents are identified and resolved/escalated, to minimise disruption to productivity levels and customer service metrics within your business unit. You will also make recommendations for future improvements and best practice and ensure that all processes and supporting tasks are completed to agreed timescales and support the achievement of all relevant KPIs associated with the customer.
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
- Knowledge of best practice Health & Safety & Safe Systems of Working
- Good numerical skills, able to read & understand numerical data. Ability to set and work within a target/KPI driven framework
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written with the ability to interact positively at all levels
- PC literate (Excel, Google Operating Systems), Microsoft user – basic level
- Ability to recognise poor operating techniques and make effective suggestions for improvement
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Food Safety Standards - Knowledge of key elements of food safety standards
- Experience of working in a 24/7 operation
- Warehouse Management Systems - Working knowledge of key elements/core operation reporting tools
- Team Management Skills - Some previous people management experience (e.g. supervisory, secondments / step-up)
- Mechanical Handling Equipment - Current qualifications / previous experience
What else do you need to know?
You will also be expected to:
- Undertake tiered management/personal shopper tasks if the need arises
- Stand/walk for extended periods
- Lift objects weighing up to 30kg (periodically) from the floor to shoulder height
- Wear protective equipment to ensure requisite standards of health and safety are maintained
- Train to use Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Work in environments ranging in temperature from 30℃ to -30℃
- Support other sites from time to time to support the needs of the business
- Follow a shift pattern working any 4 out of 7 shifts (including weekends) in an operational 24/7 environment. Shifts are 12 hours in length and your start time will vary depending on the area in which you are working.
We are currently offering a very competitive salary of £25,000 per annum, which is dependent on skills and experience. In addition to this and as a night shift worker, you will also be paid an additional night shift supplement of £3,500 per annum.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.