|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB ) is a leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than a hundred countries.
Digital Experience Design, our global CIB design team of 125+ designers in 7 locations plays a key role in building customer-centric products and services for both clients and employees.
Do you want to improve designers and developers experience at scale by investigating, analyzing and informing the CIB UX Toolkit team, on its client’s needs and pain points? We are looking for a motivated, resourceful, and organized Senior User Researcher for the Digital Experience Design's User Research team.
Part of Corporate and Investment Banking, the Digital Experience Design organization's mission is to improve the experience of external clients and internal users across a broad variety of complex, essential, and high-value product and service journeys. Within the organization, the UX Toolkits goal is to guide and enable great design through delivery of a robust library of components and patterns that help designers and developers reuse rather than recreate.
As a senior user researcher, you will work closely across design, product, and technology teams to better understand our clients, designers and developers design needs. Your insights will have real and immediate impact on the UX Toolkit roadmap. You will help develop meaningful and relevant research questions, and assist in answering those questions with a variety of methods and approaches to deliver concrete, actionable recommendations.
- Independently conduct qualitative research, applying methods such as usability testing, interviews, ethnographic observations, participatory design, card sorting or your own creative approaches
- Investigate current workflows, and users’ needs, goals, pain points
- Evaluate existing and to be developed features and design ideas
- Share insights with designers, PMs, leadership, and others in the right frequency and media
- Evaluate and ensure impact of research results
- Advocate for user needs in internal discussions, design critiques, and project meetings
- Identify research opportunities and evangelize the value of user-centrism and UX research
- Contribute to the definition of a research roadmap, that supports the UX Toolkits mission beyond the operational and tactical level
You want to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You will be experienced, under no illusions about the challenge, but resolute to embody the change you want to see as part of a team of design-thinkers who will support one-another.
- Extensive experience in User Research, preferred experience in financial industry
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field (Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction HCI, Human Machine Interaction HMI, Anthropology, Sociology, …), or equivalent practical experience (Master’s/ Doctorate preferred)
- Experience working in qualitative user research for digital products
- Experience with quantitative research methods; Data analysis, log analytics, VOC programs, surveys, A/B testing, benchmarking, etc
- Understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, and when and how to apply them in the product development process
- Mastery of a wide variety of user research techniques and tools
- Excellent rapport and networking skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Creativity and positive can-do attitude in the face of challenges and limitations
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.