|Location:||Edinburgh, Greater London, South Lanarkshire, West Yorkshire|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateFriday 05 March 2021
Salary Range£68,139 - £75,710
Agile Working OptionsFlexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryThis Technical Architect role is key role within the Islands Digital, Engineering & Change team with responsibility for ensuring the Architectural Compliance for the local systems managed and maintained from Jersey and also to ensure that future architectural decisions align with the agreed LBG strategy & policy.
Ideally suiting an experienced Domain or Enterprise Technical Architect this role will set the strategic direction of all the Islands Technical solutions whilst ensuring designs are built in alignment to the technological and architectural vision for LBCM and the Islands Risk Appetite
For more information please contact Craig Johnson 01534 845901
To use expert architecture skills and knowledge to design and support the delivery of technical solutions and to contribute to the development and implementation of LBCM Islands IT plans in line with the overall strategy of LBG and the business.
- Work with the other LBG Architects to design solutions for large projects and programmes, through expert knowledge translate high level business requirements into technology architectures that align to Divisional strategic architecture.
- Ability to manage business and IT stakeholders to secure strong engagement for the solution and ensure that the delivery of the project aligns to longer term strategic roadmaps for the division and LBCM Islands.
- Work as part of the programme delivery team on large programmes, governing and shaping the delivery of projects.
- Work closely with external suppliers to ensure solution makes best use of technology and meets requirements.
- Simplify the existing architecture, delivering reusable services and cost saving opportunities in line with the policies and standards of the group.
- Lead collaborative working with other areas within other Enterprise Architecture teams to ensure that all solutions are complete, operable, conform to business processes and meet the business needs with the agreed quality of service.
- Responsible throughout the entire project lifecycle for aspects of the solution for the project.
- Provide clear, continuous and consistent solution architecture leadership at a detailed level within the project.
- Ensure solutions are fit for purpose, meet the needs of business, the agreed requirements and are both pragmatic and supportive of the Divisional strategic architecture direction.
- Delivers compliance of all architectural artefacts across LBCM Islands IT through governance forums.
- Report key architecture decisions and implications to the Group architectural governance forums.
- Work with other Architects to identify and communicate appropriate resource requirements and work breakdown structure based on skills profile and best fit to complete the end to end solution design, and ensure project plans and finances align with this working with the Project / Programme Managers
- Monitor technology developments to ensure that Lloyds Banking Group is effectively positioned to respond to and leverage opportunities that enhance competitive position through adoption of new practices or technologies.
- Maintain a forward looking perspective on emerging technology developments and their relevance to both Business and Technology Strategies.
- Participate from time to time in the supplier selection process, evaluating usefulness and cost of products and making appropriate recommendations.
- Expected to carry out core accountabilities with minimal level of supervision for complex tasks and no supervision for more routine matters.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of Technical Architecture.
Key Technical Knowledge
- Uses LBG and other appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
- Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Takes responsibility for planning sharing and publishing of solutions within LBG.
- Maintains and communicates the project.
- Devises and implements appropriate frameworks and document policies for projects.
- Provides well-informed advice, typically on more than one topic, taking steps to ensure that it is properly understood and appropriately exploited, to enhance the effectiveness of significant activities
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific business and technical specialisms, and provides expert advice regarding their application.
- Monitors the LBG strategies to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies.
- Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products based on own area of expertise, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organisation, contributes to briefings of staff and management.
- Specifies and designs large or complex systems.
- Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively.
- Reviews others' systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Contributes to policy for selection of architecture components.
- Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on design options and assesses and manages associated risks.
- Ensures that the system design balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.