|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are passionate about using nature-based solutions to help to address issues in society and provide wider benefits to the environment and local communities. We are recruiting a senior practitioner in nature based solutions to help us innovate in our application of NBS in solving issues in the water environment and who can develop our business in this exciting area.
You could help us deliver our ongoing work programme including the preparation of the CIRIA NFM manual for the UK and helping the city of Leeds become more resilient to climate change by developing a strategic approach to implementing a programme of NFM across the 700km2 River Aire catchment.
The right individual will be dynamic, passionate and keen to help us strategically grow this work area across the UK and beyond. We offer flexible working arrangements, with offices in major UK centres. Candidates are invited from across the UK.
We recognise that NBS encompasses a broad range of specialist disciplines that you may have expertise within. There are many opportunities to get involved across our business on linked activities, depending where your expertise lies. We encourage staff to work across disciplines and to forge networks across the business, in order to harness all our talents and expertise. We therefore welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and skillsets.
* A clear passion for nature-based solutions
* Industry leading technical experience and a desire to share this with others
* Drive to be at the forefront the strategic development of this growing service in Mott MacDonald
* Proven ability to develop a workstream in NFM/NBS
* Professional consultancy experience in nature-based solutions
* Proven track record in delivering projects and winning bids
* Excellent communication and written skills
* Understand the importance of prioritising health, safety and environmental issues
* Chartered with an appropriate professional body