|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Environmental GIS team has an opportunity for a Remote Sensing Consultant. The team believes in the power of well managed data and its visualisation through the most appropriate technology. The efficient handling, insightful analysis and visualisation of this data underpin everything that Mott MacDonald strives to achieve. Mott MacDonald's business strategy has a significant focus on technical excellence and digital technology and as a member of the Environment GIS team you will have the opportunity to contribute towards this purpose.
By joining our team, you can expect to work on a diverse range of projects from national scale infrastructure programmes to biodiversity action plans where global development demands meet ecosystem protection needs.
In this role you will be required to lead on the remote sensing technical and financial components to business development. You will develop methodologies and procedures for the use and application of remote sensing activities on a variety of projects as well as coordinating team members in the implementation of these procedures. You will be required to drive knowledge sharing and professional excellence activities in our Global GIS and Remote Sensing communities
Others duties will include:
- Lead on geospatial inputs to projects across all sectors, coordinating inputs from team members based in different offices to meet project goals;
- Evaluate user needs and providing recommendations for the most appropriate data, tools and analysis to support project needs;
- Identify opportunities for the GIS team to lead on proposals and projects to external clients;
- Identify opportunities for improving workflows for achieving efficiencies and innovative solutions;
- Identify existing and new data sources to best inform project teams;
- Implement solutions for project data management and mapping;
- Produce data and maps to high standards following project specifications;
- Work closely with team members in ongoing development and implementation of standards and tools for day-to-day GIS processes and data management
- Postgraduate qualification in Remote Sensing, GIS, computer science, environmental management or other relevant discipline;
- Has, or is working to soon achieve, a professional body qualification through CPD (e.g. RSPSoc or RGS);
- Experience of using remote sensing techniques to produce land use and habitat maps;
- A strong interest in keeping up with latest remote sensing data and technologies and how to apply these to real business problems to provide innovative solutions;
- Understands spatial analysis workflows and work with spatial data;
- Experience of using ESRI's ArcGIS suite of products;
- Some knowledge of FME workbenches would be useful;
- An aptitude for problem solving using scripting (Python, R, VBA for example);
- Awareness and some experience of using remote sensing techniques in marine environments.
A bit about us:
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.