|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan advises clients globally on a wide range of strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, asset purchases and dispositions, joint ventures, corporate defense assignments, restructurings and reorganizations.
The J.P. Morgan EMEA Diversified Industries team is responsible for the origination and execution of public and private M&A and capital markets transactions involving corporate and financial sponsor clients in the broad industrial sector. The team has a network of relationships with some of the most prominent industrial companies in the EMEA region and across all subsectors, i.e. automotive, aerospace & defence, building materials, business services, capital goods, chemicals, infrastructure, paper & packaging, steel, transportation.
As an Associate in the EMEA Diversified Industries coverage team, the candidate will play a vital and accountable role in executing M&A and capital market transactions and maintaining a strategic dialog with key clients and. The candidate will work closely with colleagues from other countries and product teams (M&A, ECM, DCM, etc.).
- Plan, guide and review detailed valuation analysis, including DCF, trading comparables, transaction comparables and LBO analyses
- Plan, guide and review detailed combination and other financial analyses in the context of M&A transactions or pitch situations
- Originate, execute and present diverse marketing materials
- Interact with senior team members and client management teams on a daily basis to execute transactions and discuss strategic alternatives
- Develop content for strategic meetings with clients regarding M&A or capital market transactions
- Provide leadership, mentorship and supervision to more junior colleagues
- Involvement in graduate recruiting
The successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following personal and professional attributes:
- Strong Investment Banking experience
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Very strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Comfort in and commitment to strong teamwork environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
- Excellent academic track-record