|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameDD EPME Ashford Indirect (830801) G1
About Network RailWe at network rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here
This is a role with huge responsibilities. Accountable for managing a section of the rail network, you'll manage and develop a large maintenance team. You'll drive safety and efficiency across diverse works.
About the role (External)
In this key role, you will be accountable for managing a section of the rail network. Leading a large maintenance team, you will enjoy significant responsibilities. Managing in-house teams and contractors alike, you'll make a vital contribution to the success of our ambitious plans. Your primary focus will be conductor rail equipment (third rail) for electrification, but you'll also be responsible for the high voltage cable network and maintaining small areas of overhead line equipment (OLE) through a contractor. You'll proactively direct the work of teams delivering inspections, renewals and maintenance of diverse infrastructure assets. You'll be personally responsible for planning, inspecting and implementing important tactical works. This is role is operational and there will be an element of on call and out of hours contact needed.
Championing safety as a top priority, you'll have the authority to recommend any necessary renewals. Managing budgets and driving engagement and development across the team, you'll see that work is consistently delivered to performance, cost and quality targets.
Due to the importance of your role, we'll expect you to respond to issues that arise, even when off duty.
- Experience of managing the production and delivery of a comprehensive and compliant work programme
- Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team
- Able to coach, influence and develop others
- Knowledge of discipline-specific maintenance, inspection, faulting and renewal techniques
- Able to lead and implement change and improvement initiatives
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both in person and in writing
- Comfortable working shifts including days, nights and weekends
- Hold or be working towards an NVQ level 3 or 4 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject or have attained an appropriate level of knowledge through equivalent relevant experience
- Able to promote and demonstrate safe working behaviours
- Knowledge of budget management and cost/waste control processes and techniques
- Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need
How to apply (External)Salary: £48,000-£50,000
Closing date: 3rd March 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information