|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their careers.
We think of credit risk as a strategic area to drive sustainable growth, finding and developing solutions for our customers, both internal and external. We are looking for the right person to join the credit team to help us build up our large merchant underwriting strategies to be best in class.
You will report to the Head of Credit and optimise the end-to-end credit strategies for our large merchant business. This will include developing and implementing a global commercial data strategy, optimising solutions for customer onboarding, developing risk mitigation tools, and implementing monitoring and reporting strategies for the portfolio.
The role will involve:
- Creating and automating processes to assess and manage credit throughout the customer lifecycle
- Identifying data sources to use as inputs to create next level credit strategies
- Developing credit criteria aligned to risk appetite
- Analysing data from internal and external sources to evaluate and optimise customer and business outcomes
- Defining and implementing metrics and reporting to monitor performance at a customer and portfolio level and managing the tools to help us keep track of overall credit exposure
- Evaluating credit expectations of new business opportunities to ensure the continued success of the company as we continue to grow
- Communicating frequently to ensure continued support and progress for credit risk management across the organisation
What we’re looking for
- We’re looking for someone who enjoys bringing together multiple data points and points of view to build solutions to complex problems.
- Someone who is analytical and able to drive processes from design to conclusion and comfortable working independently while also being a great collaborator on complex multi-team projects.
- You know how to keep stakeholders informed and engaged with clear communication and concrete objectives.
- We’re a technology business, so it helps if you've had experience in a similar area or an interest in tech outside of work.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have deep expertise in credit risk including policy, process automation, risk mitigation, and reporting
- You have an analytical mindset with process engineering experience
- You have excellent SQL skills and experience with scripting languages like Python.
- You have a firm grasp of self-serve data tools like Looker, Tableau, QlikView or similar. We’re using Looker at GoCardless.
- You can operate at a strategic level, structuring your thinking in a clear risk-reward way
- You have demonstrated experience tackling big problems with a structured approach, incorporating infrastructure development, automation, designing customer-facing processes, and monitoring
- You are a great collaborator, able to work with product, sales, operations, and finance teams to develop and implement solutions
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to bring the cross-functional team with you as you develop and implement new strategies
- You have managed people before with demonstrable leadership experience
- You are easy to work with and want to work in a fun, fast-growing, and fast-paced environment
Life at GoCardless
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until March 2021. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.