|Job Type:||Full Time|
The last ten years has seen an explosion of growth in businesses with recurring revenue - think companies like Spotify and Netflix or Dropbox and Microsoft Office 365. The world is moving to one where products are used and paid for on a recurring basis, not purchased upfront. But in that time, innovation in the recurring payments space has been limited. As a result, payments for these companies are broken. GoCardless has fixed this by building a global platform for recurring payments based on collecting funds directly from bank accounts, avoiding the need for intermediaries like card networks and digital wallets.
We help over 55,000 businesses, large and small, take the pain out of getting paid, so they can concentrate on what they do best. And by partnering with over 200 software providers, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. But we’re just getting started.
Headquartered in London, with over 400 people across five offices globally, GoCardless is backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. GoCardless has built a dynamic, collaborative culture in which we hire and develop smart, driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and we spur each other on to raise the bar of success.
As Field Marketing Manager for DACH and Northern Europe you will lead demand generation activity across the DACH region and support the successful delivery of demand generation programmes in the UK and new markets as we expand in Northern Europe. This is an individual contributor role leading programmes to create MQAs and enable SDRs to build pipeline. This role is ideal for a growth-minded field marketer experienced in targeting start-up, scale-up and enterprise companies. You will be based in either the London or Munich office, with the flexibility to work from home and travel as needed.
You will report to the Senior Field Marketing Manager, Northern Europe and work closely with Sales stakeholders to create demand generation plans aligned to commercial objectives. You will be responsible for identifying the most attractive pockets of opportunity and develop the right marketing approaches to unlock them. To do this, you will need to collaborate with our broader marketing functions (including Audience, PR, Social, Marketing Operations, Design).
- Be the DACH market expert, meet customers and prospects, understand their needs, know what drives demand in our target buying groups, work hand-in-hand with Sales and Lead Development to meet plan
- Design and execute local marketing programs including account based marketing, regional events and digital programmes to generate pipeline
- Develop the go-to-market plans for DACH and new markets as required - Identify market trends, target audience, competitor landscape, and other relevant information to form the plans
- Collaborate with Lead Development and Sales; drive account first touch, lift and engagement via targeted account based marketing programs
- Leverage the demand engine technology for intent insights & targeting
- Manage local marketing budget to ensure optimal resource allocation mix to drive demand
- Contribute to the production and syndication of DACH content
- Develop local relationships with partners, influencers and thought leaders in DACH to create top of funnel demand
- Report on demand performance metrics for all marketing activities in the DACH region
- Fluent German speaker with experience of working with Commercial teams in the German market
- Well rounded B2B, Enterprise and/or SaaS related marketing background
- Experienced in executing across the many areas of the Marketing mix
- Highly motivated ‘self-starter’ that likes to build plans & execute
- Analytical mindset, autonomous, detail-oriented, and passionate about working with sales & global marketing teams
- Experience working with ABM, CRM marketing & performance measurement platforms (e.g. Demandbase, Engagio, Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics, Looker)
- Strong communication, presentation and written skills; ability to interact with virtual teams
- Proven record of high performance in your previous positions
Ideal but not essential
- Previous experience working within the payments industry
- Account-based marketing experience would be a plus
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.