|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in flood modelling who can help us deliver a range of exiting projects. You will have a passion for flood management and enjoy using modelling tools to help understand flood risk from all sources. You will have experience of taking a senior role on modelling studies, guiding junior staff, talking to clients and stakeholders and steering project outcomes. You could also get involved and to contribute to help run and steer of our successful team.
We are currently working on a range of projects that you could be involved in helping us deliver. These include:
- Reservoir flood assessments - we have a team of expert dams and reservoirs engineers in Leeds with a growing demand modelling support for a number of interesting locations
- Flood alleviation schemes - we are helping design flood alleviation schemes for Leeds and Hebden Bridge.
- Natural flood management - we are taking a catchment-wide approach to using natural solutions to reducing flood risk for the Aire catchment and quantifying the flood risk to Leeds using hydrological and hydraulic modelling.
As a senior flood risk modeller you will be responsible for the following:
- Delivering flood risk management work, including liaison with design teams, clients and stakeholders
- Coordination and management of flood modelling projects
- Contributing to developing workstreams and winning work
- Mentoring and developing junior staff
- Contributing to the successful running of our team
Our minimum candidate specification is as follows:
- Professional consultancy experience in flood modelling
- Proven track record in delivering flood risk management studies
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to guide and mentor junior staff
- Well organised and able to prioritise your own workload with minimal supervision
- Understand the importance of prioritising health, safety and environmental issues
- Degree level qualification in hydrology, geography, mathematics, civil engineering, or other related discipline
- Chartered with an appropriate professional body