Last updated 2 hours ago
Role Title: Tax - Governance and Control
New or Existing Role- New
- Tax has overall responsibility for the Group's worldwide tax affairs. As trusted partners of our global businesses and Functions, the Tax team adds value through general tax advice, the identification of key tax issues and the creation of workable and insightful solutions – in all cases, adhering to the spirit and letter of the law. Tax effectively manages tax risk through strong control and governance and having a talented and engaged global tax team who lead with integrity.
- We are currently seeking Tax Reporting Manager to join the Tax team.
- The Tax team believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive team and encourage applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We are also supportive of both flexible & remote working arrangements and would be open to discuss specific requests.
Impact on the Business:
- The purpose of the role is to support the Head of Group Tax Reporting in leading the reporting and forecasting of taxes across the Group. The primary focus of this role will be on HSBC UK Bank plc (‘HBUK’), the UK Ring-Fenced Bank, and its subsidiaries. Support will also be required on other UK and group-wide projects.
- Key accountabilities include:
- Monthly tax accounting for HBUK
- Completion of tax disclosures in the HBUK Annual Report and Accounts, including ensuring that controls over the tax reporting process are applied
- Ownership of other aspects of quarterly reporting for HBUK, including tax inputs into regulatory filings, review of Return on Tangible Equity calculations and presentation of quarterly tax figures to senior management
- Ownership of HBUK inputs into forecasting processes, including the annual 5-year operating plan, monthly / quarterly forecasts and both external and internal stress tests
- Provision of ad hoc support and advice to HBUK Finance with respect to tax matters