|Location:||Brighton and Hove|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: We are happy to consider applicants from any UK location local to a Mott MacDonald office, with a preference for one of our "IT hubs" that includes; Brighton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Southampton or Glasgow.
The Technical Writer / Author develops written information about the organisation's computing systems that aid in their development, use, and support. Outputs include a range of documents, web pages, audio and video for various IT and business audiences.
The successful applicant will:
- Create and maintain of IT documentation, instructions, manuals and audio-visual content.
- Translate technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Work with Process, CSI and service owners to produce a wide variety of technical publications including instructional materials, technical manuals, product documentation and the like, for use by both the IT and business community.
- Interviews subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information, prepare written text, and coordinate layout and material organization.
- Research information such as drawings, design reports, equipment and test specifications to fill any gaps.
- Reviews, critiques, and edits documentation including design documents, programmer notes and system overviews.
- Maintain internal documentation library, providing and/or coordinating special documentation services as required and have oversight of special projects.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar position.
- Hands-on technical writing and editing experience, with specific experience in documenting information technology software and systems.
- Knowledge of information gathering, planning, and organising methods and principles.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Design Products, SharePoint and basic HTML
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.