|Job Type:||Full Time|
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Microsoft, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
In this new role, you will be reporting directly into the Global Head of Commercial partnerships. You will be instrumental in leading an established team of Partner Account Managers across the EMEA region with the aim to scale our existing partner footprint across this region though our existing network of partners (including Zuora, Salesforce and Microsoft) as well as identifying new partner opportunities. These organisations have, and will continue to have, significant impact on GoCardless’ revenues.
You will also be responsible for developing existing Partnerships whilst identifying both global and localised technology partners. Working with them to build GTM strategies and to deliver revenue.
You will work closely with a broad spectrum of stakeholders across GoCardless, including Marketing, Sales and Product. As a leader of the Commercial partnership team you will represent Partnership’s interests and provide input on product roadmaps and other GoCardless strategic plans.
As a leader and part of our Sales Leadership Team we look for the courage and confidence to challenge the status quo, anticipating problems and mitigating risks.
In this role you will
- Lead a growing team of established Partner Account managers as we scale our partner footprint across EMEA.
- Partner with internal departments in order to develop the team’s business plans, insights, process improvement and go-to-market strategy.
- Support and develop strategic partner account plans then drive the execution of that plan to success.
- Manage complex negotiations as well as balance high-frequency account management.
- Introduce scalable processes for the team
- Develop and help steer strategic initiatives where required and ensure that they are delivered effectively to the team.
- Lead and manage projects within and across the sales teams.
- Help define and implement the global Commercial partner strategy, together with the Global head of Commercial partnerships, taking active ownership of parts of it.
- Drive operational improvements for the team, including optimising resource allocation, measuring progress against goals and facilitating management discussions and decisions.
- Experience having led a fast growing International Partner Team for a Saas Software Company
- Built new revenue streams through a partner network
- Developed and led a portfolio of Global Partnerships which deliver fast growing revenue in multiple countries
- Previously executed joint Go-to-Market strategies, regionally, locally (i.e. in country) and globally
- Attention to detail, and the ability to negotiate complex contracts with Partners.
- Comfortable managing remote Business Development, Marketing and Sales individuals - based in other countries or continents
- Strategic view of the business and experience of working with CxO level cross functionally across the business to execute joint goals and plans
- Grown a significantly sized multi-country team of professionals
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A key decision Maker: you have excellent decision-making, analytical and problem solving skills, assessing the relative importance of activities and assignments and adjusting priorities when appropriate
- A Culture builder: You have motivation and flexibility to work well in a rapidly changing and fast-growing environment
- Ideal: Previous payment experience
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until March 2021. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.