|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Intro to the team
We are seeking a Head of Workplace to design and lead our overall workplace strategy that is aligned with our growth objectives and our vision of a new, flexible global workforce. You will oversee the workplace operations functions for those who work in the office, at home or split time between the two and create a world-class workplace experience for employees in different locations.
In addition, you will also be responsible for re-thinking the requirements for acquiring space and you will be driving many of the transactional work with leases. You will be the expert who is staying ahead of the curve on industry trends and best practices.
- Design & implementation of workspaces that maximise productivity and collaboration, and promotes the GoCardless culture
- Define, implement and manage tech solutions that enable employees to be set up for success no matter where they are working from (office or remote) in collaboration with IT department
- Evolve and maintain the workplace operations support model to efficiently and effectively meet the changing needs of the business.
- Manage day-to-day operations of our offices (e.g. health & safety, security, maintenance, mail etc) leveraging external suppliers as required
- Negotiate new lease agreements and renewals with landlords and/or co-working companies, in partnership with Finance and Legal
- Identify and validate existing organisational requirements and workplace needs including space utilisation, headcount growth forecasting, specialised business requirements, and occupancy/capacity metrics
- Liaise and build relationships with business partners to ensure their business’ allocation and adjacency needs are met, validating headcount projections and confirming spatial programming requirements
- Develop space programs for new corporate offices; track the development and implementation of the program from project inception to completion
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and insights with regards to workplace strategy, design, and best practices
- Other duties may be assigned
- Experience in workplace strategy, occupancy and space planning in a global company including managing workplace operations and services
- Expertise in space planning, user research, occupancy planning and strategy, and space programming
- Experience successfully developing the growth and evolution of facilities and establishing the necessary teams to support them and scaling them in a fast paced environment
- Ability to balance the big picture and strategic context with the attention to detail / operational mindset.
- Real estate and vendor negotiating experience
- Prior experience creating and managing budgets
- Experience to identify and drive process and operational improvements
- High degree of flexibility and the ability to collaborate, problem solve and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyse data and make recommendations with a business orientation and employee experience mindset
- Ability to build internal networks and work cross-functional
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills as well as organisational and project management skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-energy start-up environment
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.