Head of Digital, Insurance UK - 0000EWTN
The Head of Digital, HSBC Insurance, UK is a senior role at country level, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, HSBC Insurance, UK.
The roles primary responsibility is to lead and define the development and maintenance of the Insurance Digital agenda across Wealth & Personal Banking (WPB), Commercial (CMB) and in the external market.
Executing the digital agenda will be achieved by understanding industry and customer insights, exploring the benefits of data, maximizing the Mobile customer journey and considering the health and wellness impacts.
This role is captured under the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) which requires continuous professional development (CPD) to be conducted annually.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Defining, leading and driving the Insurance digital strategy through and maintain excellent relationships with key partners and that they deliver outstanding sustainable solutions for HSBC Customers
- Ensuring a digital agenda that is developed, maintained and implemented that will benefit the customer, stakeholders and shareholders
- Work closely with COO, Distribution, Wealth, Actuarial, Risk, Legal and Compliance to ensure seamless communication and coordination in order to deliver the Insurance Strategy
- A business driver commanding a wide range of sophisticated communication, influencing and negotiation tools
- Demonstrating insightful and commercial understanding to optimize and initiate additional revenue and address performance issues through across the multiple Distribution channels
- Ensure execution of robust product governance to include sound delivery against risk, regulatory, compliance, legal, tax, conduct, and financial crime and audit standards.
- Source MI and conduct analytics by product/customer segment to allow the product teams to develop and manage profitable, customer centric and low risk product solutions.
- Coordination with key stakeholders to ensure the delivery of development and maintenance, ensuring the availability of HOST resources.
- Owning and challenging the Digital relationships through all aspects.
- Proactively manage and influence stakeholders including Product Team leaders, Partners, COO, Distribution, Wealth, Risk, Compliance, and Actuarial and senior management on key issues in an effective manner.
- Represent UK Insurance in different regular Committees when appropriate.
- Work directly with Wealth and Distribution to provide support and secure buy in with respect to product strategy, objectives and delivery.
- Inspire, coach and develop drive for a committed, enthusiastic and confident high performing team.
- Champion and motivate delivery through support and role modelling a culture with good planning and proactive delivery for individual and team success.
- Proactive management of staff performance, establish development plan and regular review to facilitate two-way feedback with staff.
- Initiates opportunities to improve employee experience, engagement and recognition.
- Prioritise people/team management.
- Understanding, aspiring and managing yourself and others to ensure that the right results are achieved in the right way – in line with the HSBC Values and Behaviours.
- Responsible for the oversight of the Operational risks associated with the delivery of new products and initiatives, maintenance and assessment of existing product or exiting of products/relationships, taking account of but not exclusive to; changing economic or market conditions/legal and regulatory requirements/ operational procedures and restructuring/new technology/ internal audits.
- Demonstrating understanding and adherence to the regulatory environment and Governance Process.
- Deliver fair outcome for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Leadership over all regulatory and compliance matters and the management of