Role Title: Programme Director
Business: Human Resources
New or Existing Role-New
- The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an
- Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Dependable and do the right thing
- Open to different ideas and cultures
- Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
- The role will be assigned to strategic change initiatives where considerable and complex change is included in the programme, such as delivery of multiple activities, client lift out and onboarding a wide range of asset types, including specific knowledge of Private Assets.
- Examples of other initiatives could include the on-boarding of new business wins, the building of new business models in conjunction with Product to support internal business or external market driven initiatives, onboarding clients where there is a lift out element and co-ordinating across multiple third parties to deliver the business outcomes, re-structuring of existing client business, re-engineering initiatives driven by industry changes and internal projects / initiatives.
- The Strategic Programme Director within Design Build and Support is responsible for leading and managing large scale complex global strategic change programmes and business transformations with the business and delivery partners, focusing on engagement with the bank’s larger clients. Additionally, they may be required to lead a portfolio of programmes which aim to meet an overarching strategy for a given client, region or business function. They will support in managing regional business relationships as well as being accountable for making complex business wide decisions, delivery of quality assurance, providing high value financial improvement initiatives and creating an environment for the development and capability within priority markets. The support and decision making will be aligned with managing client expectations, ensuring delivery of the Programme against committed commercial and jointly agreed targets.
- As a senior leader they need to be able to operate at executive level, across clients, regions and global businesses. They work closely with Senior Management within the Sector, to ensure alignment with the priorities of the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviours.
- Develop long and short term plans for the most significant global transformations in accordance with the Global Strategy and lead its implementation to deliver the agreed aspects of the Programmes designed to deliver the Private Assets Strategy
- Influence and collaborate with clients, stakeholders and business partners, building strong relationships to ensure consensus and influence change outcomes. Fosters open and honest communication which anticipates stakeholder expectations and ensure joint agreement of deliveries is met
- Support regional leadership in managing and leading strategic change in region / country through deployment of priority programmes and provide inputs in strategic change planning
- Define the shape and structure in developing the programme plan (which could be multi-country and/or cross business); review and refine resource requirements and engage with both internal and external stakeholders to create buy-in for the plan
- Actively manage and co-ordinate the programme roadmap, handling changes as they arise and keeping stakeholders focused on the agreed change outcomes and benefits
- Obtain buy-in from and influences senior management and stakeholders, internally and with the client, for all key programme plans, commitments, changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, scope, risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Oversee the tracking of strategic programme risks/issues/dependencies, assess the impact on the benefit realisation for the programme/portfolio managing the actions to minimise impact of these
- Build collaboration between global businesses and programme teams, sharing good change ideas and ensuring programme work is recognised within sector, IT and business areas
- Work with resource practices to ensure global programmes have sufficient resource allocation for delivery of the jointly agreed outcomes for priority deliveries and service locations
- Promote a positive work culture based on respect for people, integrity of actions, creativity and collaboration leading to increased productivity
- Inspire confidence in the future vision and generate excitement, enthusiasm and commitment
- Promote an environment of inclusion, diversity, collaboration and trust within the Group
- Build and sustain commitment to long term goals across multiple teams - drives people advocacy, trust, confidence and integrity to inspire enthusiasm for achieving these