|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re looking for smart, curious, and self-starting people from all backgrounds to join our Product Development team.
GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid, so our customers can focus on what they do best. With the world shifting to a Subscription Economy, GoCardless is powering recurring payments across the globe via our world-first payments network. We’ve cut out the intermediaries by linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of pulling payments directly from customers’ bank accounts.
We process more than $20bn a year, for over 50,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, and we’re growing fast. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Survey Monkey, Bulb and the Financial Times. It also enables partners including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
This is an exciting time to be joining GoCardless Product Development (PD). As a Technical Programme Manager, you would sit in the Product Operations team. You will be responsible for driving the delivery of cross team and cross functional programs of work, managing stakeholders, reporting and providing valuable input into planning activities.In addition there will be elements of the role where you will help to drive and influence changes to PD processes, help teams balance efficiency with quality delivery, and promote continuous planning techniques and agile principles.
- Manage the delivery of programs
- Create delivery plans for cross team/department programs
- Highlight and manage programme risks
- Develop (and manage) a holistic programmatic approach by working with other project managers across GoCardless
- Promote a delivery mindset amongst your team/s and increase delivery efficiency
- Communicate effectively with teams and stakeholders
- Provide milestone updates to teams and stakeholders
- Ensure the team, and stakeholders have the information they need
- Track and report on key program metrics
- Improve Group/Team and Departmental processes
- Develop and improve processes for the wider PD team
- Use information on best practices from GoCardless and your previous experience to help shape company and department improvements
This role will suit an individual who has strong experience in managing cross-department, complex programs. It is important that you have a strong delivery, coordination and organisational focus. You will ensure that programs are delivered to a high standard, on time, and details are communicated well through the course of the program.
- Understanding of product development processes
- A pragmatic approach to delivering high quality programs
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changes
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Collaborative working style, working with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in agile working practices is desirable, but not essential
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.