|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Primavera Planner will be working within project delivery teams and programme teams, liaising with clients, contractors, sub-contractors and other consultants providing planning expertise within client environments. They will generate programmes principally using Primavera P6, that are integrated and representative of activities required to complete the delivery of projects within a portfolio of work from initial conception through to delivery and close out.
To be considered for the role you will need/have:
- Proven experience of delivering P6 Programmes for Network Rail;
- Significant experience in using Primavera P6 and other project planning management software;
- Experience in claims and change control through programme interrogation;
- Experience on major engineering or construction projects in a planning and project management environment;
- Significant planning experience in major infrastructure projects during both the design and construction phases;
- The ability to lead and direct the development of a programme of work from discussion within the project team and from scope of work and drawings;
- A well-developed understanding of Risk Management techniques and the interpretation and representation of risk in programmes;
- Significant experience of working in large teams and taking responsibility for planner and assistant planner output;
- Proven track record of working in a team environment as well as a high level of interpersonal and communication skills are required.
We are delighted to have been recently awarded a number of major rail projects in Scotland. As the successful Primavera P6 Programmer, you will be involved in highly complex infrastructure projects for our clients. This is a role supporting all the phases of the project including ITT to deliver a project to the required scope and quality standards.
Mott MacDonald also work on high profile rail infrastructure projects across the UK, Northern Ireland and Ireland. We require an experienced programmer to work with us to deliver these multidisciplinary rail schemes in a collaborative way with our design centres around the world.
Our Scottish Rail team is growing and delivers schemes including Civil Engineering, Track, Signalling, Telecoms and Overhead Line design to a wide range of customers including Network Rail, Transport Scotland, Strathclyde Passenger transport, Scotrail Abellio and contractors such as Story, BAM Nuttall, AMCO, Stobart and Balfour Beatty.
We are looking for a programmer who will start with developing the programme structure, and in turn capture the full multidisciplinary nature of what we do. Logic linking, cost and resource loading will all be required to own the programme.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Non permanent candidates will be considered just as permanent options.