|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions.
Key requirements of the role are as follows:
- Provide technical leadership for large building projects, particularly in the food sectors / nutritionals / pharma;
- A demonstrable working knowledge of process and manufacturing systems;
- Actively engage with multi-disciplinary teams on all project stages from preliminary design to construction, commissioning and handover to the client;
- Monitor project performance and ensuring corrective action is taken when required;
- Identify commercial opportunities and assist with technical proposals;
- Drive collaboration with other parts of the Unit, Region and Group in this sector;
- Support winning work and enhance existing client relationship.
Desirable requirements of the role are as follows:
- Project management/supervision of large multi-disciplinary projects;
- Commercial management of projects and ensuring compliance with Mott MacDonald's Group Policies and Directives.
- A level 8 qualification (Honours bachelor's degree, in Mechanical/ Electrical/Process Engineering) with a demonstrable working knowledge of process and manufacturing systems;
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent membership (or working towards it) of a professional institution
- Experience in managing successful client relationships;
- Knowledge and experience of the design and planning of built environment projects, particularly in the Pharma/Nutritionals/Food sector;
- Effective communicator who can influence at all levels;
- Has excellent report writing in English, presentation and communication skills with a strong 'can do' attitude;
- The ability to lead, collaborate, delegate, and develop others.
- Demonstrated project management ability to run multidisciplinary industrial projects;
- Has previous commercial management experience with successful outcomes.
Our Process and Building Services team in Ireland who provide professional services to clients in Ireland, UK and further afield are seeking a Technical Lead to join the team. The project work undertaken is diverse and covers multiple sectors including food & dairy, transportation and building services. Reporting to the sector lead, the role will be the primary point of contact for Building Services team within the division.
To achieve great success, you will work in collaboration with other parts of Mott MacDonald at Divisional, Unit, Regional and Group level.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Flexible working
- Pension matched up to 7%;
- Competitive annual leave;
- An annual professional institution subscription;
- Life insurance
- Income continuance
- Enhanced paternity leave;
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance;
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Travel taxsaver scheme