|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
We are seeking a senior individual to manage and lead the further development of our building services team in Glasgow, working in close collaboration with our wider teams across Ireland, Scotland, other offices in the UK and globally, through our well-established practice network. With a strong background and pedigree in building services engineering design, the candidate will possess a good reputation in the local market with a customer facing business development focus along with commercial management and technical competences.
The successful candidate will:
- Further grow/develop our established building services team based in Glasgow;
- Take responsibility for the day to day management of those staff, including their career development;
- Provide strong and enthusiastic technical leadership of the team's projects;
- Support the seamless collaboration and integration of the work of all other building disciplines at project level (C&S, environmental, facades, fire engineering, etc);
- Oversee successful delivery of projects commercially, directing their progress as necessary;
- Encouraging and ensuring that the team provides our clients with leading edge design solutions and an exemplary level of service;
- Drive quality, technical excellence including design reviews and technical excellence throughout the team;
- Ensure that corporate governance and processes are fully understood by all and adhered to;
- Grow net revenue, expanding into profitable markets;
- Assist the Building Services Director in maintaining high standards across the Scottish Practice.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Extensive post graduate experience in building services within the built environment with defence, energy and transportation experience being an advantage;
- Relevant Electrical engineering degree with Chartered status;
- Experience and willingness to act as a Project Director and remain hands on in that sense whilst being an example to others;
- Ultimately, we deliver engineering solutions, so we are looking for a candidate who is an accomplished design engineer who will quickly achieve the respect of the team and inspire them to deliver technical excellence;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a building services team, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills;
- Proven track record in bidding and work winning and developing client relationships;
- A knowledge of the local market and pre-existing contacts is preferred but not essential.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.