|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well-functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
J.P. Morgan's EMEA Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is responsible for the origination and execution of public and private M&A and capital markets transactions involving corporate, financial sponsor and government clients. We maintain leading relationships with some of the most prominent clients in the EMEA financial services industry and aid them, through M&A and capital markets transactions, in delivering on their corporate strategy and structure. Often, members of the deal team interact on a daily basis with a client's CEO and CFO.
We have an open opportunity at the Analyst level in the FIG UK team within the EMEA Financial Institutions Group.
We cover origination and execution of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and capital markets transactions, as well as market leading corporate broking services across the UK FIG client base, together with colleagues from other product teams.
As an Analyst, the candidate will be a key player in the execution of the Firm's business. She/he will work closely with the UK FIG team to address the needs of our clients and contribute to building J.P. Morgan's franchise and reputation in the marketplace. She/he would be expected to partner across teams to develop strategies for clients, build detailed financial models, analyse market data and prepare client presentations.
Our robust continuing education program will further enhance the candidate’s on-going development and career progression.
Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan's mission and be driven and committed to its success.
- Coverage of the UK FIG market (across various sectors – banks, asset management, insurance, Fintech etc.)
- Completion of large and complex valuation and analytical exercises
- Support the preparation of presentation books, management presentations, Board materials, Memorandums, and other presentation materials for use in M&A and capital markets transactions, corporate broking mandates and other strategic client dialogue
- Transaction execution: support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc. and liaising with relevant counterpart at the client/other advisers (accounting, legal, etc.)
- Relationship building with IR teams across the core corporate broking client base
- Keeping abreast of key market and regulatory developments and establishing knowledge of the target client base and relevant market dynamics
- Outstanding financial analysis and modelling skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- c. 1 year of investment banking experience (with a strong preference for candidates with FIG experience)
- Solid communication and project management skills
- In-depth understanding of investment banking products
- Experience in dealing with clients and other transactional advisers
- Willingness to develop and ability to learn quickly
- Good organisational skills and a rigorous eye for detail
- Strong team player
- Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Perfectly fluent in English
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.