|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a skilled Software Engineer, your mission is to design, develop and deliver software components within the Athena eco system. You will work with a team of innovators and technologists driven towards creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will be tested in problem-solving in both a business and technical context. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide range of exciting projects.
We are looking for hands-on developers, who enjoy solving challenging technical problems. Ideal candidates should have strong computer science foundations and be able to work across different platforms and languages. Candidates should be inspired by working in a collaborative, fast-changing environment with a high degree of code sharing and reuse. Focus on innovation and quality of solutions should be demonstrated by their contributions in previous professional roles or projects (either academic or personal).
As part of the Athena Trade & Risk Services Intraday Risk team your remit will be to design and deliver technical products which directly enable front office users to manage their Risk in an accurate and timely manner. You will work with line of business software developers to understand business use cases and problems and be responsible for the full pipeline of software delivery. You will build up relationships with internal clients and take full ownership for software delivery to assist with business migrations to the Athena platform. You should be a self-sufficient developer comfortable tackling new and complex problem sets. Prior experience working in a front office Risk environment is preferable but more important is the ability to quickly pick up new concepts and flows and back that up with robust, high quality, maintainable and reusable code.
- Develop robust, performant software products and APIs, and enrich existing applications using the Athena Platform. Align development with the overall Intraday Risk Athena convergence strategy.
- Work directly with line of business developers to gather requirements, understand business context and translate this into a set of work items for delivery.
- Be responsible for the entire software development lifecycle: requirement gathering, design, implementation, testing, and handover to line of business teams.
- Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing, code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and “operability”.
- Python experience and a desire to continuously improve your knowledge to implement high quality software solutions.
- Proven wide ranging technical experience demonstrating a genuine interest in technical products and problem solving.
- Knowledge of the products traded in capital markets, business processes and applications underpinning them.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to integrate into a cross region team.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Language (Java, C++).
- Distributed Risk calculations leveraging on-prem and/or off-prem infrastructure.
- Prior experience of similar Athena eco-system, e.g. Quartz, SecDB.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.