|Location:||East Riding of Yorkshire, Tyne and Wear|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
37 hours per week
Various locations: London, Hull, Newcastle.
Competitive remuneration and benefits package
We are recruiting for a Business Change Manager to programme manage the implementation of the East Coast Digital Programme (ECDP) into both of our Open Access operations: East Coast Trains Limited and Hull Trains
If you haven't heard about the ECDP, it is a once in a generation opportunity to transform how the railway works for passengers and freight users. Managed by Network Rail and working in partnership with Operators and the Government, the programme will upgrade the train control systems to create a more dynamic, more reliable, and more flexible railway.
The Business Change Manager will implement the required ECDP changes into both East Coast Trains Limited and Hull Trains and liaise with other business change managers across the wider industry to ensure alignment across the programme.
A bit about our Open Access operations
Hull Trains is one of the best train operators in the UK with over 1 million passenger journeys per year. In the latest passenger satisfaction survey we were the second-best long-distance operator in the country and we want to become the best! We've been in the rail business for over twenty years and we now have a new and impressive fleet of bi-mode Class 802 state-of-the-art trains. Our Paragon fleet is one the most modern on the UK's rail network. We have a loyal and strong customer base, but there's something else that makes Hull trains truly special; our people. Just like the people of Hull, we're warm, friendly, helpful and welcoming and we always go the extra mile for our customers.
East Coast Trains Limited (ECTL) is a brand-new transformational, innovative and digital open access train company. We will provide regular, cost effective 100% electric train travel between London and Edinburgh from October 2021. We will be an alternative to flying that is cheaper, kinder to the environment and just as time effective as taking a domestic flight. Our people are key to our success and we are recruiting an engaged, empowered, multiskilled and flexible family of colleagues who live and breathe our values of:
- Fresh thinking and innovation to delight customers
- Service performance and excellence in everything we do
- Challenging and disrupting industry norms
- Collaborative and consistent in what we do
- Lean and agile in our approach
- Providing a healthier, safer and environmentally sustainable approach to everything we do
About the role
- Accountable for preparing ECTL and Hull Trains to embed the new ECDP capabilities into the various affected business operations within the organisation, providing a single point of contact and coordination.
- Managing and overseeing the implementation plan, you will report into both companies at the relevant levels regarding the progress of the project and represent their interests as directed.
- Responsible for ensuring realisation of pre-defined benefits related to ETCS
- Responsible for transitioning affected Industry Partner teams into business as usual
- Creating advocacy for the change projects early in their life cycle with local teams affected and other stakeholders.
- Being a single point of contact and decision making for the respective Industry Partners
- Responsible for transitioning affected Industry Partner teams into business as usual, driving and facilitating the industry changes within the specific Industry Organisation, integrating various types of changes (e.g. fleet fitment, operations, infrastructure) related to ECDP
- Responsible for identification (analysis) of needs and changes, to support development of the blueprint and project dossier. Facilitate access to needed resources (e.g. trains, infrastructure and buildings) as required to support delivery of ECDP
- Perform reporting to the Industry Change Manager (and/or) the Programme Management Board as required
- Contribute to regular reviews as required from the Industry Change Manager (support benefit realisation)
- Contribute to impact assessments when required from the Scope Management Board and others
- Contribute to the risk management processes driven by the Industry Programme Manager
- Attend the Operational Readiness Group and must ensure that their organisation has appropriate representation in working groups (Users Design Working Group) or other forums if needed
- Development of the Training and Competence Management System for ERTMS & ETCS
- Establish if a simulator would be beneficial to HT/ECTL and manage the procurement if required
- Set up day to day access, maintenance and configuration for the Driver Simulator
- You will have an excellent track record of delivering complex projects and will ideally have a good understanding of the rail industry, with an appreciation of Operations and/or Planning.
- You will work collaboratively with a can-do attitude, always seeking opportunities protect and enhance customer experience
- You will have the strength of character to protect the interests of Hull Trains and ECTL with wider industry decision makers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised, with the ability to handle multiple projects at once and prioritise workload.
What you'll get in return
Minimum of 10% contribution to your pension (5% employer and 5% employee)
25 days holiday plus national bank holidays
Travel Offers for Bus and Rail*
Free Bus Travel on your local FirstGroup Operated Network
Payroll Giving – donate directly from your pay to a charity of your choice
Shopping discounts including discounts and cashback on electrical goods, your weekly shop, holidays, cinema trips, car insurance, upgrading your mobile and lots more
All employee Share Schemes*
Save as You Earn - gives you the opportunity to save a regular amount each month for three years. At the end of the savings period, you can use your savings to buy shares at a discounted price set at the start of the scheme, or take your savings as cash.
Buy as You Earn - allows you to buy shares each month, with 2 free ‘matching' shares for each 3 shares you buy. You can vary the amount you save, or stop it at any time. You need to participate in the scheme for at least 3 years in order to receive the matching shares.
Employee Assistance Helpline – free, confidential employee support service provided by an independent provider
*after 6 months of employment
We value diversity. We are a progressive and inclusive one family employer. We value differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion, and disability. All of our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves at work. There will be no demarcation of roles and everyone will play a part in the decision making of the company.