|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. We do this at internet scale – driving innovation, and enriching people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating positive a human future in a technology driven world.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Mid Weight Designer (UX & UI) to join our growing design team. Immediately we have requirements on a corporate transactional environment for a global bank; however, you should expect to work across a variety of clients and sectors. In this role you'll work on the rapid delivery of projects ranging from improvements to existing experience design systems, through to large one-off projects across responsive frameworks or native apps. You will develop strong, long-term relationships with clients, shaping their understanding of modern digital practice and increasing their confidence when commissioning digital experiences. Working closely with Senior and Lead Designers you will contribute to all design aspects of our work and ensure it is robust, progressive and commercially strong.
What you’ll do:
As Mid Weight Designer (UX & UI) you will have been developing digital responses to complex client problems across responsive environments, ideally within a consultancy, an agency or design studio. You will therefore have experience and knowledge of a range of design tools, software, techniques and processes - and know when to use them.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, within PA and beyond, to conceive, describe and craft useful, usable and delightful digital products and services
- Shape design solutions and rapidly visualize a proposition, through sketching and prototyping
- Constantly develop the craft of UX & UI, pushing the creativity and innovation in our work
- Produce a range of artefacts from sketches, wireframes, prototypes, through to site maps, user flows and interface design
- Have a strong focus on quality and timely delivery
- Present your ideas to a varied audience from senior marketing execs to technical architects and developers
- The role is heavily client-facing.
- Experience of rapidly sketching, scamping concepts and making prototypes
- Producing formal UX and visual design deliverables to a high standard of polish
- Able to use the usual design and prototyping software to a high standard (Such as: Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Invision, Axure, Omnigraffle, Sublime/Atom, Keynote, pen and paper) + any you can introduce us to
- Able to interpret, follow and create design guidelines and principles
- Exemplary and creative storytelling with strong, clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to learn new tools as needed
- You are delightfully non-ego driven and passionate about what you do
- You’re constantly learning and challenging your own thinking
- You inspire others around you to be better and enjoy mentoring / knowledge sharing
- You have a strong work ethic, are well organised, and can manage complexity across multiple projects
- You have an eye for detail and are an exceptional communicator
- You are collaborative, friendly, ‘hunchy’ with bags of initiative
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’, supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.