|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateThursday 04 March 2021
Salary Range£34,425 - £38,250
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryTo produce and analyse highly specialised and strategically sensitive information to aid the pricing of general insurance products, in order to achieve key business objectives. Role will be split between Risk Pricing and Weather Modelling teams.
- Carry out statistical insurance analysis of general insurance products
- Deliver high quality exhibits in a timely fashion
- Maintain an in-depth level of technical knowledge of general insurance products.
- Produce management information and supporting analysis relating to product performance, portfolio mix, regularly or ad-hoc, for use by LBG GI Senior Management.
- Understand Key Performance Indicators/ Key Risk Indicators and support the monitoring and delivery of such.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring departmental databases.
- Achieve targets/metrics as defined by the business.
- Ensure that modelling adheres to model development and peer review standards
Produce management information and supporting analysis on weather events
Run weather risk models to provide updated data and reports
Support ad-hoc requests for weather model data
Key Capabilities, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strongly numerate with analytical skills (to degree standard or equivalent experience)
- Data extraction & manipulation skills
- Displays attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel; good knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload to meet business timescales
- Experience of Machine Learning/Data Science techniques
- Demonstrate aptitude towards statistical techniques and analytical statistical software such as SAS and generalised linear modelling
- Ability to work under pressure both in isolation and within a team context
- A good level of general insurance experience
- A good level of pricing experience
- Progression towards a relevant professional qualification
Demonstrate flexibility to respond to weather events
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.