About the role:
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Associate Scientist highly motivated Associate Scientist with experience in immunohistochemistry to join our Imaging team at Abcam in Cambridge. You will be responsible for the validation of new products in singleplex and multipex immunohistochemistry assays.
The ideal candidate will have experience in manual and automated immunohistochemistry (Leica BOND, and/or Ventana platforms) and knowledge of antibody validation. Experience in IHC multiplexing methods is desirable.
The imaging team is, part of the Antibody Validation and Characterization Group and plays a key role in the validation and characterization of new antibody and Abcam core products.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Firm understanding of principles, literature and methods within immunohistochemistry (IHC) fieldExperimental design and execution of IHC single and multiplex assays
- Imaging and analysis of tissue sections using manual and automated microscopy in brightfield and fluorescence (Leica Aperio AT2, Leica SP8)
- Accurately recording experimental details in Lab notebooks or the Batch Manufacturing Record (BMR) system.
- Be proactive in their validation, optimisation and documentation and take responsibility for validating new assay protocols and their integration into standard work streams.
- Actively seek to improve testing conditions for individual antibody products and product groups to best demonstrate their performance.
- Help to establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping.
- Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs).
- Experience in immunohistochemistry (manual and automated process)
- Msc in a life sciences field or equivalent qualification.
- Experience with imaging platform including confocal microscopy, High-Content imaging system.
- Experience in using antibody reagents and a strong scientific understanding of processes involved in their development.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines.
- Be a team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the team and other teams within the company across the globe.
- Phd in a life sciences field or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of working within the Life Science Industry
- Automation experience
- Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs and risk assessments.
- Ability to demonstrate evidence of managing multiple project
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.