|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Finance Manager – Games
Kingsters in Finance are a truly commercial bunch. We focus on using our unique view into the numbers to see trends and opportunities that are developing within King and devise innovative solutions to complex problems in forecasting, accounting, compliance, and project management.
The Commercial Finance team is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to help drive our Portfolio Games division, home to several of our key games.
Your role within the Kingdom, will look to:
- Provide our leaders with insightful financial analysis to improve performance and support decision making
- Lead forecasting efforts on the Portfolio Games business by projecting the financial outlook on a bi-weekly, quarterly and annual cadence
- Preparation and delivery of reporting packs containing both financial and non-financial KPIs, and commentary
- Lead efforts across the business that track, report and provide insight on headcount across the King Games business
- Work cross functionally to understand and then communicate to business and finance leaders the results of Portfolio Games.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required, including supporting the management team, the finance team and for board reporting
Skills to create thrills
You will have experience within a global mobile gaming company or a company with a similar business model. You should have an understanding of the full range of revenue drivers and marketing channels open to an online business like ours.
- Strong commercial acumen, and demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non-financial business drivers
- The ability and drive to lead process improvements and drive efficiencies across ways of working
- The aptitude to support modelling, planning and packaging budget and forecasting decks for presentation to senior management
- Able to maintain quality work and meet rigorous deadlines
- Advanced excel modelling skills is a requisite
- Good experience of Hyperion and/ or TM1 (or similar systems)
- Ability to research, extract and understand relevant data
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Able to present complex issues in clear, simple language
- Confidence and gravitas in collaborating with and challenging senior leadership
- Fast learner and ability to pick up complex work quickly and with accuracy
The Finance team at King looks to collaborate, build relationships and drive the business, its underpinned by the following team values:
- Ownership and Accountability
- Commercial and Curious
- Proactive and Forward-Thinking
- Improving and Evolving
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.