|Location:||Greater London, Greater London|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for a talented and multi-skilled Associate Principal UI Designer with a passion for games, graphic design and great user experiences. In this role, you will be a champion of UI design in our New Games business working on one of our exciting new projects.
Working closely with the projects Art Director you will collaborate with a wide array of different crafts from Art and Tech to Game and UX Design. Your focus will be to design, create and implement, best-in-class UI that is on style and fitting for the game and its audience within a crafted
If you are an experienced UI artist with a passion for creating amazing mobile game experiences for the next generation of King players, then we want to talk to you.
Skills to Create Thrills
In the role of Associate Principal UI Designer, you will be able to demonstrate the following set of skills
- A high level of creativity with a passion for games and player centric, interactive experiences
- The ability to create visually appealing, user-friendly, UI art assets that are cohesive to a wide array of different visual styles and to a high level of polish
- The technical ability to implement UI content (static & animated), in-game, utilising industry standard techniques and workflows
- An expert in visual communication with an ability to quickly create concepts, user flows, prototypes and/or mock-ups to communicate your ideas
- An understanding of the limitations and nuances of displaying UI or user information to players on mobile devices, including
- Visual hierarchy
- Player onboarding
- Information optimisation
- The basics of haptic feedback
- An in-depth understanding of all fundamental graphic design principles, such as
- Colour Theory
- Shape language
- Layout design
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard applications such as
- Content creation packages like the Adobe Suite (Photoshop etc.)
- UI/UX prototyping tools, such as Proto.io, Sketch, Adobe Xd
- Game development tools such as Unity or Unreal
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
- Versatility with a dedicated, autonomous and skilled approach to game and visual design challenges
- Strong listening and interpretation skills, with an ability to decipher game designs and how to visualise them effectively
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to confidently present ideas and concepts to groups of people as well as teaching new skills to other artists
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to self-organise well, plan effectively and work autonomously
- An innovative spirit, happy to go beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility
- Previous experience of working in casual mobile games, including live operations
- Motion Design
- Skills in animation and Visual FX
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.