|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
CAP (Client Analytics Platform) is starting on a multi-year modernisation agenda to uplift the system from the current toolset (BusinessObjects/Tableau/Informatica/Oracle) to an AWS based solution. The successful candidate will join the existing team, who are spread across Hyderabad, Glasgow and Jersey City, to maintain the current platform while focusing on transforming the functionality to be cloud-ready.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Contributing to the design and implementation of an appropriate AWS pattern
- Refactoring legacy java/database components to make to make them AWS ready
- Sharing AWS experience with other team members
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver to a tight deadline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and proven experience in developing server components.
- Strong in J2EE server technologies: Web Services, Object Model, Core Java, XML, Enterprise, Java Beans, JMS.
- Good experience in using design patterns, UML, OO concepts.
- Working knowledge of Spring, Tomcat, Apache is required.
- Working knowledge of Databases (SQL) is required.
- Working knowledge of BitBucket or equivalent SCM tool is required.
- Working knowledge of AWS or equivalent cloud technologies would be beneficial.