Role Title: Head of Sales- Pensions
Business: HSBC Retirement Services Limited
Work with senior management of HSBC Retirement Services Limited to develop and deliver the commercial strategy and business development for the HSBC Master Trust. Lead the business development requirements. Set up sales processes and relationships both with the pensions market in the UK but also internally within HSBC to leverage the distribution network already established. Manage the sales process through to completion and client pitches. Maintain and manage sales databases. Help build the HSBC Master Trust brand and feed in to development through understanding market best practice.
Impact on the Business:
- Lead business development of technical institutional clients within the pensions market through to client pitch to meet the business plan objectives
- Develop the HSBC Master Trust brand within the UK pensions market
- Create strong reporting on competitors to help drive the commercial strategy of the Master Trust and innovation
- Client management and retention
Customers / Stakeholders
- HRSL senior management
- Trustees and members
- HSBC Group partners
Leadership & Teamwork
- Work with the HRSL Executive Team, service providers and internal HSBC partners on business development matters
- Provide clear feedback/reporting to help further develop the Master Trust
- Lead on sales processes and requirements to achieve the business plan and trustee objectives.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Develop sales processes, clear reporting and sales data bases to manage the business development and sales objectives.
- Create clear propositions for business development
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and HSBC processes
- Stakeholder management combining the needs of the Trustees with the HSBC processes
- Launching a new Master Trust in a market of established providers
- Developing a clear brand in accordance with the strategic business plan, regulation and trustee objectives.
We are looking for applications from suitably experience pension sales person to help develop and build the HSBC Master Trust. We are seeking an individual that can develop and maintain exceptional level of relationship and sales support to clients to offer clear insights into the HSBC Master Trust proposition and support the sales or review processes as needed. As part of the senior management team you will help to achieve the objectives of the business plan and clear sales targets within in, whilst also having the opportunity to be part of the development of a new Master Trust.
- Adheres to processes and controls to identify and mitigate risks and ensures timely escalation of control issues and reputation risks.
- Demonstrates leadership on regulatory and compliance matters. Maintains awareness of risk and minimizes the likelihood of it occurring through its identification, assessment, mitigation and control
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner. Fosters a compliance culture within the team, managing compliance risk and ensuring that the necessary training is completed. Optimizes relations with regulators.