|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: We are happy to consider applicants from any UK location local to a Mott MacDonald office, with a preference for one of our "IT hubs" that includes; Brighton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Southampton or Glasgow.
The role is to oversee and manage the delivery of software releases to production environments. This includes monitoring of release progress through the entire pipeline, assuring quality standards are consistently met at each stage gate and coordinating releases and teams at the portfolio, program, and team levels. The role will also oversee the adherence to deployment windows, testing standards and release processes by software delivery teams, facilitate the appropriate communication channels among software delivery roles and with stakeholders, and continuously improve release management practices.
The role includes line management of test analysts and environment management specialists.
Qualifications & Education
- ISTQB Certification or equivalent.
- ISEB Foundation in Software Testing or equivalent
- Experience in both automated and manual testing techniques.
- Functional and non-functional testing expertise.
- Strong technical awareness and knowledge of latest testing methodologies and tools.
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent grasp of test and release methodologies and process to minimise risk and assure quality prior to the process and/or system implementations.
- In-depth appreciation of test and release standards and approaches, aligning with industry best practice.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels with both internal and external parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to question and challenge; put forward new ideas and gain buy-in through key working relationships.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.