|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameNorth West & Central Region
About Network Rail
Network Rail operates and maintains the railway infrastructure 24/7 365 days a year.
This is an exciting time to join Network Rail. We're passionate about great service and commit to our service equation vision by "putting passengers first". Performance, safety and getting the fundamental basics right, is something we strive for as well as asking ourselves - what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do?
With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key
You will be part of the NW&C Region which consist of three routes:
North West Route, covering Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire and Cumbria.
Central Route, covering the West Midlands and Chiltern areas.
West Coast South Route, covering the south of Crewe to London Euston.
There is also a Regional Team which supports Regional Major Programmes & Professional services.
We are looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join our journey and move us forward by having a rewarding career, the right lifestyle balance and great benefits in a caring environment.We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider flexible working applications. If we can make it work - we will!
To provide technical engineering input, support and advice across operational property building services, M&E and plant assets in accordance with asset policy and technical strategy across the Regional Operational Buildings portfolio.
Please note, this position can be based in Manchester, Birmingham or Milton Keynes
About the role (External)
About the role
- Provide technical expert advice input and support associated with the provision of services for our customers and suppliers.
- Lead in the development of the Regional Asset Policy for the ongoing management of the Buildings Services and M&E for inclusion in the CP7 strategic business plan.
- Support professional leadership for the Operational Property portfolio building services, M&E and plant assets.
- Provide expert advice, support and input to technical accident and incident investigations.
- Support the setting of policy and standards, operational processes and systems. Manage the design and delivery of programmes for the development of technical capability required within Network Rail, including the competence framework and effective training materials.
- Support the development of strategy, technology and assets across functions and with industry partners. Liaise with product manufacturers, including external stakeholder e.g. TOC and provide input into the acceptance processes.
- Proactively research and respond to changes in the internal and external requirements and practice which impact upon policy and standards.
- Identify opportunities for technical and business process improvement and innovation, developing business cases and Investment Papers where required.
- Support Training Assurance activities.
- Act as Delivery Manager for delivery of a specific project or portfolio of projects and deliver projects to time, cost and quality.
- Represent Network Rail externally to the industry and input to European issues as required.
- Integrate and co-ordinate activity across different engineering disciplines and contribute to the development of engineers within the practice.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience (Level 6)
- Membership of a relevant technical body
- Broad technical engineering experience
- Project or financial planning and management experience
- Management or supervisory experience
- Chartered status
- Formal Project Management qualification (e.g. APMP, PRINCE2, PMIP, MSP)
- Proven ability in managing commercial, contractual and financial issues
- Knowledge of the railway industry and a understanding of railway infrastructure
How to apply (External)
Network Rail are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or any other irrelevant factor. Please click here for more information.
Want to find out about what fantastic benefits we offer? Find out here
Safe behaviour is a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should be able to demonstrate their awareness of our safety vision
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the pay range advertised.
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information
Salary: Starting at £51,156 and increasing to £57,551
Closing date: 27th January 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.