|Job Type:||Full Time|
The J.P. Morgan European Financial Institutions (“FIG”) Team is responsible for origination and execution of public and private M&A and capital markets transactions involving corporate, government and financial sponsor clients in the broad Financials Institutions sector. The team has a network of relationships with the most prominent Financial Institutions in the Europe and Middle East regions. J.P. Morgan’s FIG Team is the largest Investment Banking FIG team in Europe and has been the consistent market leader (#1) in terms of Investment Banking revenue over the last three years.
We have an open opportunity for an experienced full-time Investment Banking Vice President in the Insurance team within the broader EMEA Financial Institutions Group.
As a Vice President, the candidate will be leading the execution of the Firm's business. They will work closely with the Insurance team to address the needs of our clients and contribute building J.P. Morgan's franchise and reputation in the marketplace. They would be expected to partner across teams to develop strategies for clients, build detailed financial models, analyse market data and prepare client presentations. They would also manage and lead directly client transactions from pitch to close under with the support on the relationship side from senior team leaders, prepare detailed valuation analyses, models and presentations as well as come up with innovative and creative ways to solve complex, real-world business challenges. They will also be required to manage a group of junior colleagues and ensure their continued development as hey progress through the ranks of analyst / associate.
Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan's mission and be driven and committed to its success.
- Lead and provide oversight of the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations for use in M&A and capital markets transactions or strategic dialogue
- Develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and work along-side senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions
- Transaction execution: support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc. and liaising with relevant counterpart(s) at the client/other advisers (accountants, lawyers, etc.)
- Keeping abreast of key market developments and establishing knowledge of the target client base and relevant market dynamics
- Training, coaching and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Strong prior investment banking (or similar relevant) experience
- Experience in dealing with insurance companies
- Perfectly fluent in English, other European language welcomed
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Strong accounting, finance, quantitative and business writing skills
- Willingness to develop and ability to learn quickly
- Good organizational skills and rigorous eye for detail
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent)