|Location:||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Hull Trains is one of the best train operators in the UK with over 1 million passenger journeys per year. In the latest passenger satisfaction survey we were the second-best long-distance operator in the country and we want to become the best! An open access operator, we've been in the rail business for over twenty years and we now have a new and impressive fleet of bi-mode Class 802 state-of-the-art trains. Our Paragon fleet is one the most modern on the UK's rail network. We have a loyal and strong customer base, but there's something else that makes Hull trains truly special; our people. Just like the people of Hull, we're warm, friendly, helpful and welcoming and we always go the extra mile for our customers.
The Commercial Team is critical to the success of Hull Trains and we are looking for great people to join that team and become a crucial part of our road to recovery post pandemic.
What will you be doing?
You'll work closely with the Head of Commercial Development to pull together plans to maximise revenue by determining the requirements and implementation of our pricing and revenue strategy, insight, analysis and reporting.
To be successful in this role you will be able to lead the provision of accurate and robust business and customer intelligence to drive decision making. We are looking for you to bring fresh thinking and innovation to our pricing and product solutions to enable us to attract more customers and increase our revenue by delivering to their needs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Line management of a Pricing and Product Lead and a Business Analyst, supporting their learning and career development
- Working with the Pricing and Product Lead to ensure the fares system has been updated and compliant with our aims and aspirations, at the same time minimising anomalies
- Ensuring that we meet our TSA obligations in introducing new products and monitoring the success of these initiatives, including analysis and forecasting of any future fare changes
- To become a competent user of Moira and use this to work alongside our Operations team to develop the timetable strategy
- Ensuring that we receive a fair share of income allocated by the industry allocation system, proactively managing Income Allocation Disputes (IADs), providing a clear methodology to clarify our approach to these.
- Preparation of proposals for the fares setting rounds in January, May and September.
Who are we looking for?
Educated to degree level or equivalent, you'll have strong commercial and ROI focus with a proven track record of delivery in rail. Pricing and product analysis and management experience within the transport or travel sector is essential.
You will work collaboratively with a can-do attitude, always seeking opportunities to optimise revenue performance and enhance customer experience and promote the reputation of Hull Trains with our customers, stakeholders & partners. You will need to be highly organised and a team player who can prioritise, estimate project time, and work to deadlines; accuracy, speed and high standards are essential requirements for this role.
You'll be able demonstrate an understanding of what is happening in the rail industry and knowledge of FirstGroup's business would be advantageous.
We are a small company with a close working team, so you'll need to be articulate, with a common sense, hands on approach.
Other important skills and knowledge are:
- Knowledge of office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and web-based programs is essential
- Knowledge of Lennon, PMS, SAP and Revenue Management software is advantageous,
- Proven analytical and reporting skills
What will we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus national bank holidays
- Free and reduced rail travel
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Health cash back scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll giving – donate through your Payroll Giving – donate directly from your pay to a charity of your choice
- Shopping discounts including discounts and cashback on electrical goods, your weekly shop, holidays, cinema trips, car insurance, upgrading your mobile and lots more
- All employee Share Schemes*
- Save as You Earn - gives you the opportunity to save a regular amount each month for three years. At the end of the savings period, you can use your savings to buy shares at a discounted price set at the start of the scheme, or take your savings as cash.
- Buy as You Earn - allows you to buy shares each month, with 2 free ‘matching' shares for each 3 shares you buy. You can vary the amount you save, or stop it at any time. You need to participate in the scheme for at least 3 years in order to receive the matching shares.
- Employee Assistance Helpline – free, confidential employee support service provided by an independent provider
*after 6 months of employment
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply Today!