|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries.
With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Working within our highly skilled and growing finance team, providing a broad range of financial services to our Water and Environment Unit, this diverse and stimulating role will give you the opportunity to develop your career.
Reporting to the Unit Management Accountant, you will be expected to provide broad-ranging financial support to the Unit Management accountant, Divisional Accountants & Portfolio Accountants in the following tasks:
- Processing of employee expenses in line with Group Directives and to an auditable standard
- Processing of Invoices, fee notes & applications for payment for issue to clients and maintenance of a billing diary with comments.
- Facilitate the processing of purchase invoices in line with Group Directives
- Preparation of reports and liaison with managers for credit control purposes to manage billing, and collection of aged debt
- Provide financial information for projects and overheads for both project and divisional management
- Weekly processing of timesheet amendments and clearing timesheet suspense weekly
- Preparation and posting of financial journals and IET's
- Provide divisional staff with support on a range of ad hoc financial matters. This might include the use of connect projects for project budgeting purposes and other financial functions /procedures.
- Assist with audit requests.
- Preparation of unit management packs on a monthly basis
- Assist with salary variance reviews each quarter.
- Cash and bank account reconciliations
- Perform other adhoc administrative duties as required
To be considered for this role you will be;
- Financially literate, numerically accurate
- Have an excellent aptitude to working with and supporting colleagues
- Motivated to a career in accountancy
- Capable of using specialist financial software as well as having at lease intermediate level competence in Microsoft Office programmes.
- Comfortable embracing a full range of duties from data entry/processing through to communicating with project managers.