|Job Type:||Full Time|
User eXperienceResearcher- AI in Microsoft Windows + Edge
- Are you curious and excited about delivering AI and AI-backed services in a deeply human centric way?
- Are you passionate about understanding and empathizing with people, and using that insight to help build software and service experiences?
- Do you have experience with and empathy for users, especially users in an enterprise, commercial setting?
- Are you the type of person who loves to learn, and apply innovation to what you do?
- Are you motivated to develop new methods for understanding the experience of customers?
If yes, we may be the team for you. The eXperience Collective Planning and Research team is seeking a strong User Researcher to join our multi-disciplinary team of over 50 user researchers and planners.
In this role, you will leverage your skills in qualitative research practice (including moderation, creating screeners, and crafting discussion guides and unmoderated research designs), quantitative methods (including working with descriptive and summary data or experimental outputs – sometime from large data sets, with the ability to design and execute quantitative research and more advance statistical analysis a plus, or demonstrated ability to collaborate with those who can), and Human Computer Interaction to build new intelligence backed experiences and improve existing ones. We are looking for someone who can apply a broad set of techniques as appropriate to drive the right perspective about our users and engage with stakeholders to impact decisions.
In this role, you will work closely with UX (User Experience)designers, other user researchers, data science experts, managers, and engineering teams to ensure that we are addressing user needs and opportunities as we build new and enhance existing and services for a global user base.
Our team’s mission is to positively impact the value people find in Microsoft including Windows and Edge, and how they feel using it, by driving customer-informed decisions. We work in partnership with design, management, and engineering to transform the experiences our users have while being careful stewards of a successful business.
Our team is dedicated to creating an inclusive culture for the most diverse and talented group of employees. We are looking for someone who wants to learn, grown, and embody new ways of working. If you embrace growth mindset, have a record of accomplishmentand delivering results, and you light up collaborating with othersthis is an awesome team to join.
Define and measureresearchneeds,approaches,and goals,workingwith stakeholdersto identify and execute impactful research
- Synthesize acrossresearch that you will conduct on your own or in partnership with other researchers, prior research both 1stand 3rdparty,and quantitativedatasourcesincluding telemetry andexperimentation to deriveuseful and human-centered insights
- Balance a portfolio of research activities to bothdeliver specific, centeredUXinsights and to buildbroadhumanandmarketunderstandingneeded to impact strategy
- Continuously informdesign andengineeringplansusing customerinsight(qualitative and quantitative).Criticalto this accountability will be identifying gaps and customer pain points, customer delighters, andany context needed to develop complex and high value intelligence-backed experiencesthat work
- Build clear and compelling narratives thatlandyour customer-focused, human centric research insightsacross multiple organizations and their respective engineering,design,and marketing teams.
The sucessful candidate will have:
The desire to work closely with and across disciplines, working with designers, PMs (program managers), developers, other researchers, marketers, and engineers to generate insight, energy, and clarity in complex and often ambiguous environments
- Really, you must love this part of the job. The lines between this role and others are often unclear and you must be comfortable with contributing andproductively engaging with others despite ambiguity and complexity
- You are ready to, and will demand, that wesucceed together. Our team and our companyare intentionally designed a place where we work together and across internal organizations and teams
The ability to balance business motivations, technical possibilities, and end-user needs
- You are eager to learn and understand our customer audiences, their behaviors, context(s), and motivations across all phases of the customer lifecycle and user journey
- You routinely demonstrate strong empathy for users, balancedwith product vision and stakeholder as well as technology constraints
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and like to dig into and solve problems
- You will need practical and real-world problem-solving skillsand your role is to use research to help unblock barriers in design, build and go-to-market
- 5+ years of hands-on research and/or planning experience, with demonstrated skill in collecting and analyzing human behavioral data to improve plans and UX in a technology industry setting
- An advanced degreeinHCI (human-computer interaction), market research, human factors, psychology, or a related field with a strong emphasis on research techniques and understanding humans / designing technology to meet their needs, or a BA/BS in one of these fields with significant industry experience
- Desirable: experience in artificial intelligence and/or service or cloud backed development for commercial customers and users
Note: Your prior work experience, your demonstrated skillsets, and your demonstrated impact are far more important than your current title, level, or background. If you are interested and believe you can bring the skills and the thinking we need, please apply regardless of your level or experience.
If the above sounds like you, we cannot wait to talk to you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.