|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan is a Top 2 Global Custodian, with $25 trillion of Assets under Custody providing safekeeping and asset servicing solutions to Asset Managers, Asser Owners, Banks and Alternative Funds in 98 markets.
The successful candidate will join the Global Custody Product Management team, which is responsible for the end to end ownership of business delivery, product strategy, P&L, and governance of the Custody business. The Global Custody Product Management function is global, with regional management across EMEA, Americas and APAC.
We are seeking an execution-focused professional ideally with a background in financial services and experience in data analytics, digital solutions and data product management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering on a digital and data vision for the Global Custody business, designing and, in partnership with specialist functional teams, building and implementing both internal analytics solutions as well as data externalisation opportunities for clients. As part of a broader team, the successful candidate will be at the forefront of innovation initiatives with a focus on data as a product.
- Design, build and deliver internal analytics solutions to provide real-time, actionable business insights on profitability, pricing and risk management via easy to use, optimised tools and visualisations
- Design the data dictionary for the business by partnering with the product management team to identify the data elements needed from the product definitions
- Evolve existing tactical analytical tools into a suite of standardised, scalable solutions on a consolidated platform
- Partner closely with client-facing product management team and Sales / Service to identify and prototype externalisation opportunities for data products
- Act as a global ‘data champion’ for the data-centric approach to product management and client solutioning
- Engage and partner with key product owners and front-to-back functions within Securities Services to identify impacts and synergies of changes
- Proactively monitor evolving industry and technology landscape to identify emerging trends and client needs
- Proven execution capabilities in data analytics / data management / digital products roles in a financial services context
- Understanding of data architecture, systems flows and data management concepts
- Basic knowledge / appreciation of coding languages and software development lifecycles
- Capacity to learn complex business and financial markets concepts quickly and in depth
- Ability to operate as a motivated self-starter in a virtual team structure
- Good communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at different levels and locations
- Ability to prioritise requests effectively in a fast moving environment and appreciation of project management discipline preferred