|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase’s Investment Middle Office (IMOS) acts as the Middle Office for our clients across a range of products, including but not limited to Listed Securities, Cash, ETDs, OTCs, Repos, Bank Loans and CFDs
IMOS deals with all stages of the lifecycle for each product from broker matching, management of the client’s custodial network, lifecycle events including corporate events, ensuring timely settlement of trades and cash, management of claims and overdrafts, client / regulatory reporting and input into the production of our Investment Book of Record delivery (IBOR).
The ABOR team, specifically, provides valuations for clients to satisfy oversight and reporting requirements. They are a single point of entry and SME for clients operation oversight teams and orchestrate the global distributed operating model.
Ultimately, it is the key responsibility of the ABOR team to provide premier service delivery and ensure the accurate and timely delivery of the ABOR and client reports to our end clients. Additionally, the ABOR service delivery team liaises with our clients, and or any associated financial organisations as required, to ensure any issues are resolved to the client’s satisfaction
Role & Responsibilities:
The role focuses specifically on Investment Middle Office Services (IMOS) Accounting Book of Record (ABOR)
– Play a lead role within the Global/Regional ABOR team and act as the client facing point of escalation
– Participate, represent and implement on the continued IMOS global strategy as required.
– Oversee large components of the daily operational activities essential to the construction and delivery of client reporting (ABOR)
– Day to day management oversight of the team, including work allocation and capacity management, talent management as required
– Building solid relationships with Client teams including Front Office, Performance & Risk, and Compliance teams
– Work with management of global ABOR teams to achieve 100% timeliness and accuracy and seamless integration in a ‘follow the sun’ model
– Partner with Relationship Management and help lead client service and due diligence meetings
– Ability to influence and build strong relationships across multiple levels of the organization
– Highly skilled at working cross functionally with technology, service, product and other operations teams to manage the entire ABOR service delivery
To be successful, you will need:
– Demonstrated leadership experience across process, risk and control within Investment Operations (preferably, but not necessarily, Middle Office), including managing change.
– Excellent client facing skills & communication style, comfortable dealing with key clients
– Proven ability to lead teams across multiple locations
– Extensive understanding of OTC instruments / Exchange Traded Derivatives / Fixed Income Securities / Equity products and other financial instruments
– Attested track record of successfully working to deadlines, with accountability and responsibility for independent workload
– Experience of Investment Operations (Trades, Cash and Reconciliations)
– Experience of Reconciliations and transaction lifecycle management
– Experience in workflow and vendor management for end client reporting
– Excellent problem solving skills to identify, understand and address operational and technical issues
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop relationships across the various stakeholders including senior business executives
– Ability to be flexible, follow and meet tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work and meet the clients expectations
– Self-starter with ability to learn quickly