Senior Product Manager - Banking & Propositions - Mortgages - 0000F5V1
This role leads the Pricing team for Mortgages and has ownership of the pricing, range enhancements and product launch processes. The team aims to fulfil HSBC’s unique mortgage opportunity within UK retail banking. The Pricing team drives the delivery of the Annual Operating Plan (balancing origination volume, margin/return and risk profile) to fulfil HSBC UK’s strategic ambition, while ensuring that customers’ needs are being met by offering great value and service.
Ongoing management and monitoring of performance and competitive positions means we work towards ensuring the proposition becomes best in class while being priced responsibly in the interests of customers and shareholders. The successful candidate would be expected to fully immerse themselves in pricing activity around mortgages in particular and associated activity around market opportunities, its evolution and competitive landscape. These in turn would be used to model pricing recommendations and brand positioning.
The team also helps prepare business plans and supporting financials for projects and proposition developments across all brands within the HSBC UK stable.
Additionally, this role holder is responsible for the Mortgage Product Launch team working alongside the Pricing team, responsible for ensuring products are maintained, updated and function appropriately from a technical perspective.
Working collaboratively with colleagues across the business (Risk, Finance, ALCM, Operations, Underwriting Services, Digital), the role holder is required to role model customer-centricity, driving service excellence and offering products and services that meet customer needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- A key member of the mortgage leadership team; ensuring the Mortgage product lines (HSBC, First Direct) deliver their strategic goals, hit their combined P&L, balance sheets financial targets, facilitated through the development of beautiful digital journeys.
- Serve key stakeholders by providing strategic direction and thought leadership to support them in driving revenue performance with appropriate mortgage policies.
- Balance growth priorities with the risk agenda, to ensure that we grow our business in a sustainable way.
- The management of pricing the mortgage product range balancing volume, margin and strategic priorities and delivering the annual operating plan
- Overseeing and owning the production of executive level packs and commentary covering weekly trading performance and pricing proposals
- Analysis of the competitive market in order to develop pricing propositions
- Managing all product/rate change activity and applicable policy changes across channels.
- Ensure that all product rate change procedures are documented and maintained across brands/origination systems.
- Lead product analyses and research for consideration.
- Lead product / proposition development from a technical perspective, managing the impact on product files, reporting, processes and general product infrastructure.
- Awareness of the internal governance processes and regulatory requirements associated with a pricing role
- Engaging with the front line, finance and treasury as part of the product approval process
- Open and honest engagement with stakeholders to solicit feedback to improve the business and our service to customers and brokers.
- Conducting ourselves with professionalism and with HSBC’s core values of Open, Dependable, and Connected at the heart of our interactions with stakeholders at all times.
- Ensure stakeholders are fully aware and bought in to each initiative, its desired outcome and their role in achieving it.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Mortgage Product team to ensure the best outcomes for our customers and the business.
- Where the role holder has direct reports, they are responsible for the recruitment, performance management, training, and associated administration required.
- Cultivate an environment that supports inclusivity and reflects the HSBC brand.