|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Equities business at J.P. Morgan provides a full complement of equity and equity-linked solutions to institutional investor clients — from ideas and insights from top-ranked analysts, to high-touch sales and trading services, to world-class algorithmic and electronic trading capabilities. Our sales and trading professionals work in coordination with our capital markets professionals to help issuers access the equity markets as a top-tier equity underwriter.
The Corporate Linear Derivatives and Fund Financing trading desk structures and risk manages structured financing transactions linked to Equity, Hedge Fund and Private Equity underlyings. The business is a key area of growth for the Equities Division. The desk is seeking an individual who can help the team to structure, execute and risk manage complex secured financing solutions for financial sponsors and financial institutions where a significant portion of the credit support for the loan is a fund.
- Risk monitoring on existing fund financing transactions (including financial covenants)
- Help in the due diligence of underlying funds / management companies
- Assist the desk in the structuring and execution of new transactions
- Screen daily news and produce research on private companies / private equity funds / hedge funds
- Liaise with the relevant marketing teams to produce ideas / presentations / termsheets
- Cooperate and drive some of the infrastructure build out on the desk to improve productivity and operational risk management.
- Strong understanding of Private Equity and Hedge Funds
- Demonstrable structured financing related experience
- Understand, comment on, and edit detailed transaction documentation
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
- Inquisitive and with a keen attention to detail
- Clear, logical thinker with strong quantitative skill set including effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong team player that partners well with principals of the platform
- Presentable, able to interview and discuss topics on which they may have relative inexperience
- Ability to manage large amounts of data, likely from Bloomberg and using MS Excel
- Proven track record in communicating concepts and ideas (written and verbally)
- Understanding of capital modelling