|Location:||Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Greater London, West Yorkshire|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateFriday 26 February 2021
Salary Range£68,139 - £75,710
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryLloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We’re on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) is looking for a Senior Cloud Technical Assurance Engineer to assure the security controls of the Public Cloud services within the scope of the CCoE. The ability to identify, prioritise, report on and lead security risks to keep all systems and assets in a network protected is paramount to the security of cloud services. You'll be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the end-to-end assurance processes.
This is a leadership level role that will require experience in delivering outstanding assurance management and oversight across a multi-cloud environment. You’ll blend both domain and technical expertise. You’ll have hands-on experience with vulnerability detection technologies and how they are configured for use on cloud tools and services, with a good understanding of the shared responsibility model, whilst also developing and maintaining good working relationships with the CCoE technology groups and wider LBG technical functions (e.g. CRSO, IT Cyber Security).
What you’d get involved with
- Support the design and engineering of the assurance management framework for the CCoE, including detection, prioritisation and tracking of remediation of internal and external platform non-compliances and vulnerabilities, and vulnerabilities in 3rd party products and SaaS solutions in scope of the CCoE.
- Lead the tooling and associated technical policies to enable vulnerability detection and response for the Public Cloud platforms.
- Build robust reporting mechanisms for stakeholders within the CCoE and the wider Group to provide a clear view on the technical security of the platform and develop close links to the GVA (Google Vulnerability Analytics) project to ensure the CCoE is an early adopter, providing transparency to the wider Group.
- Partner with the Group’s existing Enterprise Vulnerability Management (EVM) team to ensure no overlap of roles and responsibilities and to ensure there are no gaps between the two functions.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with the EVM team, providing a transparent view of the CCoE vulnerability and compliance landscape
- Seek opportunities to automate as much of the assurance framework as possible
- Coach other members of the team, providing them with guidance for their own continuous development.
- Support requests from the Group’s three lines of defence and ensure processes and procedures are in line with their expectations.
- Take a risk-based approach and ensure good risk management processes are in place to manage existing risks and identify new risks.
- Participate in meetings with the Cloud Service Providers and other relevant 3rd parties to understand their technology roadmap and to ensure the CCoE assurance framework is ready to support new and emerging technologies.
What’s needed to be considered for this job?
- Knowledge of a broad set of Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) cloud services, products and concepts, including end-to-end design and architecture of the platform.
- Ability to work autonomously, make sound judgements and with limited supervision and can adapt to a rapidly changing organisation.
- Hands-on experience with vulnerability management processes and technologies, including how they can be configured for use on cloud tools and services and ensuring the availability, latency, performance, and capacity of those systems.
- Ability to program in languages such as C++, Java (J2EE), XML, Python etc.
- Build management reports that can articulate the level of security of the public cloud platforms.
- Report to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Leadership experience, ideally including line or matrix management but not essential.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as JIRA or ServiceNow.
- Understanding of agile and DevOps principles and practices.
What you'd get in return
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
Together we make it possible.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- Discretionary bonus: up to 30% of basic salary
- Generous pension contribution - up to 13% employer contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle – cash sum of 4% of salary
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
***The base salary banding for this role is £68,000 - £90,000 in London and £59,000 - £78,000 outside of London, plus the above listed benefits.***
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.