|Location:||Edinburgh, West Yorkshire|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateMonday 08 March 2021
Salary Range£50,130 - £55,700
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryBelow
We’re building the bank of the future and developing the next generation of digital banking solutions securely
The Chief Resilience & Security Office (CRSO) plays a vital role in delivering Lloyds Banking Group's vision of putting customers at the heart of everything we do, helping Britain prosper, and protecting the Group and its customers and suppliers from security threats. It's responsible for defining and communicating the Group's security strategy and providing dedicated support and constructive challenge to business areas to ensure the delivery of an effective and compliant security risk management framework.
Working as part of the Investigations, Insider Risk & Data Loss Prevention team within the Chief Resilience & Security Office, you'll be part of an exciting team who help protect and detect data loss incidents identified as part of the Cyber threat landscape, along with introducing new technology and processes to prevent against the Insider threat
What you'll be doing...
You'll develop platform and project methodology and apply your skills to develop technical solutions. Using Data Loss technology including toolsets such as Office 365 and Google Public Cloud, you'll act as an SME to develop new technology from scope to delivery, working within virtual teams in an agile environment. You may also be involved in discreet, ad hoc activities and reviews so excellent organisational skills will be required to adapt to changing priorities and an evolving operational landscape
Other responsibilities include:
- Using your superb communication and partner management skills with senior leaders across our group
- Collaborate and share best practice in order to effectively deliver project objectives
- Use an analytical approach and ability to find creative and innovative solutions, along with robust delivery across a wide range of initiatives to support strategic delivery
Are you someone who already has a passion for Data Loss technology looking to take your career to the next level? If yes, we value the following...
- Working knowledge and experience of Data Loss detection, prevention and methodology gained within a financial services or banking environment
- Experience of working with Cloud Solutions (within a Security environment)
- Solid understanding of change management governance and process
- Excellent analytical skills
- Validated experience of strategic planning and delivery
- Sound understanding of Risk Management frameworks
So, if you have the skills we’re seeking and you’re looking for your next step, we’d love to hear from you
Together we make it possible
In return, you’ll learn new skills, technologies, and approaches to software development. As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and reach to give you a diverse range of opportunities to learn, grow and develop and to help you achieve a rewarding and fulﬁlling career!
You'll also receive a benefits package which includes:
- A performance related award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
We’re committed to building a workforce which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
So, if joining us at a critical and exciting time for our Cloud transformation appeals and this role sounds like it could be for you, click apply below!
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.