|Job Type:||Full Time|
Process Development Chemist
Do you enjoy developing robust chemical manufacturing processes that deliver every time?
Do you have a passion for Synthetic Chemistry and want to be excited by the products you develop?
Be part of our Technology Transfer Team
Our diverse and global team ensures that our customers have the products they need. Production enhancement and chemical services ensure that our customers can function efficiently and perform at the highest level. We provide technical solutions to help with all challenges.
Take ownership for the production of our products
Are you ready to join us in the development and enhancement of our robust chemical manufacturing processes and sites? You will collaborate with Chemists and Engineers to deliver excellence and continuous improvement to our manufacturing teams and portfolios whilst operating at the highest level of health & safety.
As a Process Development Chemist you will be responsible for:
- Preparing Technology Transfer packages for new product introductions at our plants to then monitor and oversee commissioning.
- Identifying critical-to-quality processing steps to coach and support plant operators to ensure successful outcomes and safety.
- Liaising with chemists and engineers to develop recipe-driven, manufacturable processes for new products
- Reducing the Cost of Quality for Plants, using Organic Chemistry expertise to solve or prevent production problems.
- Interfacing with SMEs and Production Operators alike during scale-up to ensure that we deliver what we designed
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor of Science Degree or Master of Science Degree or PhD in chemical science discipline
- Show extensive industry experience of chemical synthesis within a chemical manufacturing environment
- Be able to show excellent problem-solving, process improvement and analytical skills
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, move projects forward and deal with tight deadlines and targets
- Be a natural communicator, able to share ideas clearly and concisely, both written and verbal
- Be able to travel locally and internationally at short notice to support manufacturing operations
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- For us flexibility works both ways, we work with global customers and have annual targets, so as long as we can respond and deliver to these we can offer a lot of flexibility in this role. Talk to us about your desired flexible working options when you apply
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.