|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for Controllers to work within the Control team booking and managing transport services for FTS customers in line with contractual obligations and within agreed FTS and Control team policies and procedures.
This role is paying £20,000 p/a, working a 4 on 4 off shift rotation. The shifts will be covering both days and nights. The position is based in Lancashire and therefore candidates will need to be within this region in order to apply.
What will you be doing?
- Responding to all FTS customer requirements by booking emergency transport services within FTS pricing agreements.
- Managing, monitoring and tracking all transport services in operation using the GTI system.
- Recording and escalating as required any issues that may affect the safe or timely running of an operation, working within agreed KPIs.
- Liaising with Operators to provide updates and information as required and in line with SLAs to ensure the effective running on all operations.
- Liaising with Coordinators regarding booking on/off shifts and carrying out the correct welfare checks procedure.
- Maintaining effective communication with Coordinators during the running of all operations to ensure that any required actions are put in place or escalated.
- Liaising with external agencies as necessary to obtain required information (emergency services, Network Rail, DVSA, local authorities, rail user groups)
- Managing the provision of stand-by vehicles and record any changes.
- Completing paperwork involved in the day to day running of the department.
- Working closely with all other FTS departments to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the business.
- Flexible in the duties you carry out, which may vary from time to time depending on the needs of the business and your team.
Who are we looking for?
- Lancashire based candidates
- Customer focused and committed to excellent service delivery
- Professional telephone manner and excellent call handling skills
- Solution focused approach to dealing with complex information
- Ability to work as part of a team to resolve issues
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to prioritise workload
- High level of attention to detail
- Empathetic and understanding manner
- Flexible attitude
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, Auto Route, GTI
- Good geographical knowledge
- Familiar with railway and road transport regulations
- Operational knowledge of drivers hours regulations
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with high volume workloads
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, such as:
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- Pension scheme
- The chance to buy discounted First shares.
- Discounted train travel for you and your family on our train operators (GWR, SWR, TPE & Hull Trains).
- On top of this our rewards include First Xclusives where you and your family and friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Together we provide helpful and reliable services on our buses, keep thousands of vehicles on the road and make sure everything runs smoothly.
We can offer you a wide range of rewarding careers, as we make a big investment in the future and transform the world of bus travel.
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply Today!
First Travel Solutions welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.