|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameRoute Services
About Network Rail
The Infrastructure Monitoring Programme has been established to develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan to enable AIS to transform the way it collects, analyses and shares data on Network Rail's Infrastructure Assets. The purpose of the programme is to improve the safety of our network, safety of our colleagues and performance of the trains that run on it, putting our passengers first. T
he programme will challenge and evolve how our rail network is monitored to fit the needs of our colleagues who look after it.
The Engineering & Technical Lead is a key member of the programme leadership team. The role will plan and lead the provision of engineering and technical support to ensure programme objectives and goals are achieved. The role will plan and engage across multiple organisations and industry bodies to influence the development of national, industry and company standards, and plan engineering and technical support to facilitate multiple projects being completed under the programme project tranches. The role will interface with external regulatory bodies and authorities, rolling stock owners, train operators, industry and supply chain partners, Network Rail national routes and regions, and other programmes to achieve this.
For more detailed information about the role please find the job description attached.
About the role (External)
Jobs Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The following knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications will be needed to deliver the role effectively and to achieve the required levels of performance:
- Significant and broad experience in rail or similar industries spanning infrastructure maintenance, asset management, operational delivery, information management, customer service and stakeholder management
- Experience in the management of data and analytics in the rail industry, with a track record of providing services which underpin the improvement of operational effectiveness both on a real time basis and informing longer term decision making.
- A natural curiosity and passion for challenge, continuous improvement and innovation, with demonstrable experience of applying these attributes to achieve tangible business benefits
- Knowledge and experience of infrastructure monitoring practice, techniques and technology used on rail or similar infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of safety and technical assurance processes and procedures.
- Ability to manage and align data, to understand what is required by operational staff, analytic skills, understand how information is displayed, create user interfaces and process automation.
- Be a chartered engineer
How to apply (External)
Closing date: 04-Mar-2021. - Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people to work flexibly. We welcome applications from everyone. Click here for more information.
Network Rail Benefits - To find out about what benefits we offer, click here
We are a Disability Confident Leader employer!
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information